Ripped My Hood TC29D

thcri RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
While driving in to put my loader on; the loader started to slide to one side, I backed out so I could get a another straight shot, while backing up the loader slid back and past where it was before. :unhappy: it slid way over and grabbed the hood and popped it right off the hinge. The hinge is still in tack and it looks like it just ripped the portion that is glued. Really no damage to the hood other than a spot where the glue was a tad bid stronger than the hood. Does anyone know of a good glue that I can glue it back together with?

murph

Dougster

Old Member
While driving in to put my loader on; the loader started to slide to one side, I backed out so I could get a another straight shot, while backing up the loader slid back and past where it was before. :unhappy: it slid way over and grabbed the hood and popped it right off the hinge. The hinge is still in tack and it looks like it just ripped the portion that is glued. Really no damage to the hood other than a spot where the glue was a tad bid stronger than the hood. Does anyone know of a good glue that I can glue it back together with?

murph
Oh Lordy! :eek: Glad there was no worse damage! But if that is a fiberglass or composite hood, shouldn't you be looking for something more durable than mere glue? Seems like you need some sort of poly or epoxy resin matched up to work with the specific hood material. Sounds like it's time to have a chat with the local NH dealer.

Dougster

jbrumberg

I would think some two part epoxy would do the trick. It always worked well on my sailboat. Another site thread awhile ago recommended J-B Weld for tractor repairs. Good luck- Jay

jwstewar

Staff member
Like Jay I was also thinking of some 2 part epoxy. I've heard of some pretty good results with some of that stuff. I would probably also try the JB Weld. Good luck and post some picks of the repair when finished.

shinnlinger

Any boat/canoe/kayak/paddle makers near you? A good body shop at least? I would say if you can bring the hood to them and they throw a super composite fiberglass patch on it you will be "Better then new"

BUt if it were me I would proabably go the autoparts/hardware store and get a fiberglass patch kit and try to patch itmyself and end up smearing resin all over the hood and get black fingerprints all over the house.

It would proabalby hold though...at least until I ran into my loader again.

PUt a picture of the damage up and I might have some other stupid ideas.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I would think some two part epoxy would do the trick. It always worked well on my sailboat. Another site thread awhile ago recommended J-B Weld for tractor repairs. Good luck- Jay

Good thought Jay and Jim. That is what I was thinking to. I'd go for the 2 part epoxy. Mix and set.

But don't just post pics after its fixed, we need before and after pics. :thumb: :D

thcri RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
That before after pic, do you guys really want one with me cussing and swearing at the tractor, my wife and kids too? :hide:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
:yum: yeah Murph, we do. :yum: Only cause we've all been there before. It'll be a good 'sharing' experience. :D