Has anyone seen the New SC2400 Cub Cadet Yanmar?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I thought someone posted a pic of one on here but a quick search didn't find it. Anyone else remember it. The one thing I do remember is that it was not the standard cub cadet colors (a good thing in my opinion).

A little help please, how about a pic for this thread ....anyone?

Just wondering what everyones opinion is of them. I drove the Proto-type last year in KY. I liked it alot.
I have not seen the production model yet but should see one any day.
Cub Cadet Yanmar said all the dealers should see some by the end of the month

Everyone has seemed to like the EX3200 alot but I was wondering about the SC2400 Sub-Compact?

See Cub Cadet Yanmar Web Site
http://www.cubcadetyanmar.com/webap..._21602_50469_50469_50469_-1?pageName=products

Kevin

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Don't know about the new model but I would suspect it to be a top notch unit right off the bat (a few minor issues as they have with any new intro, but overall a solid offering). But I wonder how they'll be priced compared to Kubota and new Holland. I sure would not pay a premuim price for it.
Be sure to sit in the seat of the competition then when your dealer gets one you'll know if you like the ergonoics beter than the others. The work station can really make a difference in your comfort while spending hours in the seat. Be sure to try out as man flavors of tractors as you can before you put your money down.
Keep us posted how the hunting goes. :thumb:

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
The specs look impressive. I looked at the 3PH lift capacity of 661 lbs and it's right at half of my TC18, but then again the Sc2400 is a SCUT and mines a CUT.

Kevin, do you have any idea on MSRP yet?

I am a Cub Cadet Yanmar and Kubota dealer so I may be a little bias. That's why I am asking how the Tractor Guys feel about these new models. Everyone has loved the EX3200's. I have not got any of the New SC2400's in yet. Should get 1st shipment next week.

Pricing will be simular to the Kubota BX2350V. The Cub Cadet Yanmar SC2400 with a CL100 Curved boom loader , 48" bucket for approx $11500.00 with a list price of $13500.00.
The Shift on the fly hydro is cool! Shift from low range to high range and back again on the fly! The built in front work lights also will come in handy with the front end loader.

Kevin

Attachments

• Cub-Cadet-Yanmar-Tractor.jpg
    Cub-Cadet-Yanmar-Tractor.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 55
  • SC2400-Cub-Cadet-Yanmar.jpg
    SC2400-Cub-Cadet-Yanmar.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 59
Just a couple of pics of the Kubota BX2350v and the SC2400 Cub Cadet Yanmar

Attachments

• BX2350V and SC2400 1.jpg
    BX2350V and SC2400 1.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 59
  • BX2350V and SC2400 2.jpg
    BX2350V and SC2400 2.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 55

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks good. Thanks for the info.
We had a member looking for that size TLB. Will cub have an offering with a backhoe?

Just an Update on the SC2400 Tractor, Loader , Backhoe (TLB). They showed it at there last show but said it won't be introduced until sometime in 2009.

Just an Update on the SC2400 Tractor, Loader , Backhoe (TLB). They showed it at there last show but said it won't be introduced until sometime in 2009.

So does the SC2400 have one of those funky transmission fans on the underside like the little kubota tractors?

If so, is some one working on a skid plate for it...like they did for the kubotas

J

johnday

I think I hauled 4 of those out to Burnett Texas a few months ago to a dealer there. Can't remember the name though. They looked like a nice machine, but I was more interested in getting them unloaded as was the dealer. I could be completely wrong, but aren't those smaller Cubs actually made by MTD with a Yanmar diesel in them? No rock throwing please!!:tiphat::beer::beer:

absolutely Not!! These are made by Yanmar with a Joint venture with Cub Cadet. These are NOT mtd's with Yanmar engines.

This is a New Tractor from Cub Cadet Yanmar!

This has been one of the best tractor's that I have ever sold!

Great machine

J

johnday

absolutely Not!! These are made by Yanmar with a Joint venture with Cub Cadet. These are NOT mtd's with Yanmar engines.

This is a New Tractor from Cub Cadet Yanmar!

This has been one of the best tractor's that I have ever sold!

Great machine

Okay, I must have gotten a bit confused, I hauled various brands that MTD actually makes, and I thought those may have been one of them? How about the Cub Cadet yard/garden tractors, are those the ones I was thinking of?:tiphat::beer::beer:

Yes, MTD makes alot of different brand Lawn Tractors, MTD, Cub Cadet, Yardman, Troy-bilt, White, Toro, Yard Machine, Husky, Bolens and many many more, BUT They are all of differnet quality! They are Not the same machines with different decals.
Plus they make differnet grade machines from Lawn Tractors, Yard Tractors and then Garden Tractors. They also Build lighter and then heavier grade Garden Tractors.
The only way to buy is stop in your Local Dealer and have him explain the differences. Very big differences between tractors.

J

johnday

Oh, I see now. I thought I'd hauled some Cubs made by MTD to a Loweslife or Homedespot, distribution center. Those were drop and hook loads, so I never got to actually see what I was hauling on those. Now the bill I had with those going to Burnett said Yanmar on them. Quite surprised when I opened the doors and saw Cub Cadets in there. It was a light load of less 8000lbs, and 4 machines, so they likely were the new ones eh? At least going by the spec sheet I saw on the weights of them.:tiphat::beer::beer:

Parkerized

So what do you yard tractor guys recommend, a belly or pull behind mower for the Sc2400?

MTD is the biggest lawn equipment manufacturer in the world. Nice God-fearing folks descended from three German "legal" immigrant brothers. Quality will generally vary with price, but I am buying a 2010 Sc2400 for my 5 acres.

While I'm at it, which tires for lawn, earth moving and snow?

Thanks

Erik

I'd vote belly mower for the lawn.
unless you're going to be spending a lot of time doing dirt work on rough ground, I'd probably vote for turf tires, too.
Otherwise, Industrials aren't too bad on grass, and have more rubber so are not as likely to punch a hole driving over rough stuff.