Here's a "Talk About Anything" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
How do you hang/place a pistol in RTV 900 with metal roof. TAURUS judge 45/410 2 1/2 inch barrel with holster. In and out to much to keep strapped on. Thanks for any help. Love this forum
I just lay my Judge in the gap behind the seat.

Here's another option (something I have for overhead).

I created what I call a "crap bar" (something to hang all your crap on)

It's 1" black steel pipe that I connected to the ROPS. Pretty sure I used 2" muffler clamps to go around the ROPS.

Being 1", it will now accept pretty much any ATV handlebar accessories. I bought RAM mount pistol holder. There's other brands as well.

As you can see, the mirrors and spotlight are also attached to the crap bar.

Attachments

• MVC-770S.JPG
    MVC-770S.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 167
  • MVC-771S.JPG
    MVC-771S.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 162
  • MVC-772S.JPG
    MVC-772S.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 164

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It has finally cooled off so I've been hitting the firewood for the last couple weeks.

Here's a pic of some of the take. In all, 7 cord in the last 2 weeks. If the snow holds off, I'll try to double that. It's going to stay in the woods until next spring as the trails are too slick from the leaves.

Attachments

• CIMG0440.jpg
    CIMG0440.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 163

Mark.Sibole

Hmmmm, that's an interesting challenge. I'm heading out to my deer camp tomorrow where my '05 900 is and I'll see if I can come up with anything. In the meantime, have you considered a shoulder holster? That's how I usually carry my Thompson Center .44 Magnum Contender when I'm running around the property on the Beast.

I have a compartment in the over head console I make where I can place my .40.And I have a clip or bracket on the front where I can clip my cell phone on it.Im not sure if you have a bench seat or the split seat either.Now if it were me and I needed a place to store it here is what I woulkd do myself.Most people do NOT have the needed equpment to do some things and some do or people know people who can help.Id make a 6x6 plate at 1/4 inch thick and drill a hole in all 4 corners to bolt to the floor.Then I would use a piece if 1 inch squate tubing or round either will work and welt that to the plate.Then on top id add another plate to it so you can clip the holster to it if yours has a clip.Ot if no clip a small box then pad the inside of the box to slip the pistola into that for holding it.This way you can have easy access to it while driving.You can position in in the middle of the seating compartment so it does not inter fear with seating.It can be made to bolt right where the seat ends at the floor or bolted up front shere the pedals are.You can add angles to it so it can go either straight up and keep in front my the dash or angled to come up around the dash then bent toward the seat.I hope you get what im going at/So imaging bolted to the floor coming up say 10 inches then a 45 bend tward you then another 45 to bring it up to an easy access position.If you are unsure on what im getting at Ill draw you up some plans and scan them then post them.I have a spare molded holster than came with my .40 SA and have that screwed on the side of my bed in the bedroom for fast access.Im not sure if some ome like fobus makes a plastic molded holster for the Judge or not but it can be done and done to make it look nice.Times like this is where it would be nice if you lived close by where I can weld up a nice one for you and install it for you.Let me or us know what you come up with but I think My idea would work fine and with a slight mod you could also add a place on it for a cell phone ot a beer holder lol.Keep us informed .Have a good day.

Mark

Mark.Sibole

It has finally cooled off so I've been hitting the firewood for the last couple weeks.

Here's a pic of some of the take. In all, 7 cord in the last 2 weeks. If the snow holds off, I'll try to double that. It's going to stay in the woods until next spring as the trails are too slick from the leaves.

Good job.Im down to about 1 log cord to cut now.This season is killing me.It seems my MS has been a real bugger and I feel like im only half the man I was last year at this time.Im getting it done but its taking a lot ,longer.Last year I had all 10 log cords cut by june and was done for the season.Times like this I wish I had some of my friends here that lived close to give me some help but it is what it is.Have a great day and keep safe....

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I know what you mean about pain and work. For this type of work, on my best day, 3 hours is my limit. Most days, I'm done in 2 hours or less. Thank goodness my son is getting bigger and stronger. While I'm running the chainsaw, he's the one loading the logs onto the trailer then hauling them over to the woods then stacking.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well, mowing season is over. Mowed the other day and picked up the leaves. Between the ZTR, ATV with pull behind bagger and a backpack blower, we make quick work of it.

When completed, flipped up the mower deck, scraped it out then pressure washed. Used the leaf blower to dry it then hit it with a coat of Fluid Film and put on new blades. The old ones were 12-years-old so I was due for new ones...

I have a couple more trees to take care of then I'll take the logging winch off the tractor and put on the blade for snow removal. Speaking of snow, where is it??? We normally get out first snow in Mid-October but here we are at the end of November and no snow. Have been in the teens at night but not a flake yet.

Old Man 1944

Gold Site Supporter
Newbie here.

This is my first post on this great forum. I would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

I purchased a used 2010 Kubota RTV 1100CWX with 220 hours September this year. Items I have added that I needed. lol.

1. Changed tires to Turf type.
2. Roof lights, 6K LED 40" single row 120W 12,000 lumens on front, 2-18W spot LED 1,530 lumens on back.
3. 5,000lb Badland winch w/ brackets.
4. Chrome wheel covers w/color accents in spokes.
5. Changed out Speakers in cab.
6. Replaced broken antenna.
7. OEM mirrors on doors.
8. Steering knob.
9. LED strobe light w/6 patterns of flashes. (Removable to get in garage)

All for light duty around small acreage.

My question is where will this all end? :biggrin:

Attachments

• Kabota 3 (Small).JPG
    Kabota 3 (Small).JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 125
  • Kabota 7 (Small).jpg
    Kabota 7 (Small).jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome aboard.......Just to the east of you a bit over by Rome, Ga.....and you are where????.......Lots of stuff to learn and do here. Look up in the thread above about accessories that are great to add. Many things for you to spend your money and time on.....lol...Of course folks here will add their two cents as to what you can do.......Dennis

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum Oldman ! You will always find something neat or helpful to add to the RTV. It will never end completely. :) bordercollie

Old Man 1944

Gold Site Supporter
Welcome aboard.......Just to the east of you a bit over by Rome, Ga.....and you are where????.......Lots of stuff to learn and do here. Look up in the thread above about accessories that are great to add. Many things for you to spend your money and time on.....lol...Of course folks here will add their two cents as to what you can do.......Dennis

Thanks again for the reply. I live near Decatur, Alabama.

And yes I saw some of the posts on adding stuff to a 1100C Kubota. I like a lot of the add-ons but my budget is limited being retired for 10 years. :mrgreen:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome Old Man. Your 1100C looks like new. Heck at 220 hours it's not even broke in yet. Very nice. Congrats and welcome to Net Tractor and RTV talk. :thumb: Enjoy!

Old Man 1944

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Doc for the welcome. I see your the Chief/Admin, I happen to be a Global Moderator of a another fun forum called New Life Games. It is mainly coin operated machines including slot machines. I been on the forum for over 10 years. My handle there is Ron (r273). If anyone is interested here is the site.

http://newlifegames.com/nlg/index.php

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
So, I loaded up the truck with some firewood... ;)

Attachments

• 15178185_1172773026134968_4380122210471799974_n.jpg
    15178185_1172773026134968_4380122210471799974_n.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 78

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
NV, AZ, UT, CA - 1800 miles, 9 days, 7 hotels

Just got back from a whirlwind trip through the south west. Highlights/destinations in red.

Flew into Vegas, rented a SUV and off we went.
Down to Hoover Dam
Up to Grand Canyon

Headed north into Utah

Drove through the Grand Staircase which looked like the painted desert (but that's in AZ)

Tried to get to Bryce Canyon but fog then snow started just as we were pulling into the park. Visibility was poor so we did a u-turn and headed back out. Good thing we did. Snow came down hard and travel was nasty. The truck in front of us spun out and saw people climbing out of their SUV that they just flipped over.

Spent a day hiking around Zion National park. Loads of Bighorn sheep. Interesting watching them walk on cliffs.

From Zion (UT), drove to San Diego. Went on the USS Midway (museum now), Zoo and La Jolla. La Jolla is where all the seals and sea lions hang out. You can walk right up to them.

Left San Diego to Los Angeles. Went to Newport Beach, Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood sign, Rodeo drive/Beverly Hills, Santa Monica pier, and the "area of" Venice beach. Didn't go on the actual beach. Spent the evening at Downtown Disney.

Left LA to Las Vegas. Spent the first night at the Venetian Hotel. Got a nice suite which was a nice change from the Marriott level hotels we had been staying at. Walked the strip which has changed drastically since I was there 8 years ago and did a little gambling. Spent the 2nd night at the Luxor (the hotel that looks like a pyramid). That place is a dump now.

Flew home yesterday. It's supposed to be the busiest travel day of the year but the lines at TSA were very short.

Took today as an extra vacation day as it's opening day of buck season in PA. A very slow morning but will go out again this afternoon.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Someone stole my sister's 2014 Honda Accord today. It has one of those button start things. She always uses the clicker to turn on the alarm as she walks away. The policeman said folks with a pirate signal catcher just wait in the parking lot till someone uses theirs , copies the signal with the contraption and drives off in the car with no alarms -nothing... blek ....... maybe we should lock cars manually nowadays.. This happened in Jackson ms . collie

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Someone stole my sister's 2014 Honda Accord today. It has one of those button start things. She always uses the clicker to turn on the alarm as she walks away. The policeman said folks with a pirate signal catcher just wait in the parking lot till someone uses theirs , copies the signal with the contraption and drives off in the car with no alarms -nothing... blek ....... maybe we should lock cars manually nowadays.. This happened in Jackson ms . collie

BC, Does the Honda have a button on the door handle that can be pushed to lock it and energize the alarm. My wife's 06 Prius and 14 Ram have those and I was under the impression they locked the vehicles without generating a signal.

Might help in the future.

BIAC, sorry for her loss. Even with insurance it's a pain. Scumbags. Bob

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
BC, Does the Honda have a button on the door handle that can be pushed to lock it and energize the alarm. My wife's 06 Prius and 14 Ram have those and I was under the impression they locked the vehicles without generating a signal.

Might help in the future.

BIAC, sorry for her loss. Even with insurance it's a pain. Scumbags. Bob
I'm sorry for the loss also. Scumbags.

Avantiguy is correct. I read this 6 months or so ago. If you lock via the car's lock/unlock button no signal is sent out so nothing for the lowlifes to catch. Using your remote to lock sends out the signal and it can be caught by the slimeballs.

To late to help your sister but ....maybe this will help someone else from the same situation.

My newest car has the push button start. While I'm getting used to it I was wondering the other day how I could put it in accessory mode without the car running, if that is even possible with that?

I would guess these car with push button will advance to fingerprint recognition and have each driver use their fingerprint to put the car into a mode where it can start. This would have to be programmable so that the owner could add someone who they are allowing to drive the car but all seems easily doable to me. Especially since $700 smartphones can now read fingerprints.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thank ya'll .Society has gotten worse and will keep going that way I believe. We'll need to all be on the watch for more brazen acts and what comes with it.
My sis will never use the clicker to lock the next car with unless at the house - thanks
I have roll up windows on my old 94 truck and no comprehension insurance-only liability . I even worry about someone stealing it - maybe one of those steering wheel lock "club " devices is in order- It would deter only a amateur thief though...
In the end, all thieves will get what they have coming. collie

Status
Not open for further replies.