Iseki

Mith

I don't hear much about Iseki on all the US forums.
Are Iseki a common make in the US atall?

They are quite common here, probably much more common that some of the other makes. Lots of imported ones.

Anyone had any experience of Iseki's new offerings, they look pretty nice. Smallest is like a Kubota BX, 22HP engine etc.

prod_07-01.jpg

PBinWA

AFAIK, they are pretty rare over here. I wonder if someone is re-selling them here under a different brand?

PBinWA

I've seen them advertised as Gray Market imports. I don't think they were ever formally sold here.

Nice little tractor.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Most of the Iseki's imported here are the older grey market ones. Not as prominent as the Yanmar, but available.

Mith

Wonder why Iseki isn't selling the US then, surely that must be one of the largest markets in the world?

ghautz

Seems I read somewhere that some of the older Ford compact tractors were made by Iseki. Guess I will put that on my "google someday" list to find out.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You peaked my curiosity so I googled for Iseki and Ford tractors. While I have not yet found a 'Ford' connection. On tractordata.com I found this info:

http://www.tractordata.com/td/iseki.html

[FONT=arial, helvetica] A Japanese farm machinery company that was founded in 1926, Iseki exports tractors worldwide. Many Iseki tractors are sold under the Bolens brand name in the United States.

[/FONT]

Mith

Well I guess the question becomes, are Bolens compact tractors available/common in the US?

Something I found on Ford, I don't know if it just that model, or the whole range of compacts though
"Ford 1000-series or Model 2110, made by Shibaura Machinery Co. Ltd. of Japan."

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Bolens tractors are very common here in the US. However, I understand they were sold / taken over by another company over a decade ago. Since then the Bolens tractors have reappeared but they are a re branded cheaper version of what they used to be.
Back in the 60's, 70's and 80's they were well made, and well thought of tractors. As the years have gone by their reputation has not held the luster it once did. I suspect Iseki no longer has any connection what so ever to Bolens.

Mith

I think Bolens might be owned by MTD now, like Cub Cadet?

I cant believe Iseki aren't selling alot of machines under some name in the US, that would be alot of sales they are losing out on by not selling the US. Maybe their Japanese market is enough, they make all those machines to do with rice.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Iseki does have a presence in the US market. I know Iseki makes the engines for the Massey 1500 series and the GC2300 series tractors. Maybe more.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Iseki does have a presence in the US market. I know Iseki makes the engines for the Massey 1500 series and the GC2300 series tractors. Maybe more.

Massey Ferguson does have some nice CUT's in their line now. I wouldn't be surprised if all of those had Iseki engines. Good move on Massey's part (if that is the case ....all speculation on my part) :thumb:

ghautz

I looked through some of the posts in the Iseki forum on another tractor site and saw references to MF, Bolens, White, Caterpillar and Agco Allis. I think I was confusing Shibaura with Iseki as a Ford supplier.

Grrrr

There is some mention to Iseki on the AGCO website. They own Massey Ferguson and lots of other names now.

Iseki's garden tractors are similar to the Kubota G series. They seem to have good specifications for their price.

Their website says they are distributed in the US though.

lens12

Iseki makes Agco compacts. Which are sold as Cat, Massey & Agco brands. They also made tractors for White/Oliver, Simplicity, & Bolens. Bolens (owned by MTD) has nothing to do with the Iseki models. The bought Bolens for the brand name. I talkes to their head parts guy at the time of purchase & they didn't seem to realize that there had been any Iseki built modles.

Mark777

Hello Len,

Good of you to drop by. Hope to see you often and help us with the gray matter on gray market tractors.

Hope nobody minds a shamless plug on my part...but if you ever need help finding the rare, common or hard to find parts for your gray market tractor Len is the Go-To guy in the U.S. (maybe the world for that matter).

Len Sheaffer - Sheaffer town and country tractor www.sheaftractor.net

Mark

billbill1

My neighbor has a 2-32 White (I think I have the numbers correct), anyway, it is a 4wd and it has the Iseki engine in it. He swears that it is very common and parts are available. I had been on fire and burnt up all hoses, belts, etc. He wants $5000 for it and it's not running. It does have a FEL but needs all new hoses made. He believes that since it cost $10,000 in the 80's when it was made that it has to be worth $5000. He said he's had it running but I've never heard it run. He removed the altenator and said he was just going to keep the battery charged. He's had it for 7 years and never finished it. Something to stay away from in my opinion. It does seem like a well made tractor though but it's the only one I've ever seen.