Heavy Duty Front Springs for x1100c

williemakit

Just wanted to pass some information on to anyone who may be in need.

I have a 2013 x1100c. In 2016 I had a western Impact v plow installed. western says H/D springs are not required but recommended. After the plow season was over I still felt I didn't need the springs but heavier duty is better right? So off to the Kubota dealer I went. I got a part# of V5218 for just the springs and I ordered two. After about three weeks I called the dealer to ck on the status of the order and was given the standard dealership quick answer they are back ordered but we'll ck to see how long. After about four days I get a call from parts saying that the H/D springs I ordered are not made for my x1100c. So anyone needing H/D front springs may want to more into this. I know boss plow say they are required.

Attachments

• 20160910_124133.jpg
    20160910_124133.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 83

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I thought all the models with the cab automatically come with the heavy-duty springs to compensate for the extra weight for the cab itself. The models without the cab don't have the heavy-duty and would need added if you put a plow on.

williemakit

bczoom that's a good question I will have to find the answer to. I bought mine June of 2015 with 205 hrs on it from a JD dealer in Pa. and he didn't seem to know to much about them. Thanks for the info.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
I thought all the models with the cab automatically come with the heavy-duty springs to compensate for the extra weight for the cab itself. The models without the cab don't have the heavy-duty and would need added if you put a plow on.

That was my understanding as well.

tfdr1

FYI, V5219 is the complete shock with hd spring assembly. I just got them for my X900 back in February or March.

Dave

seery

For the RTV900 the part # is V4209 [for the complete front heavy load shock/strut assembly].

I installed these 10 years ago, but our machine is ready for new again. So I just picked up a new set and will install them this weekend.

628pm

Site Supporter
Just looked at this thread, if I am not mistaken, when you have the factory cab you already have the heavy duty struts and shocks. When I was buying a 2014 x900 I told my dealer I was going to get a cab later on, he told me I should go ahead and get the heavy duty struts installed, but if I bought the 1100c with the factory cab, the heavy duty struts and shocks are already installed because of the cab.