4WD chirp

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Additional details...its more of a binding sound that can be heard with the engine off, transmission in N, while drifting down a slope, with the wheels turned hard left.
OK, with this information, I feel I can now contribute to the thread.

The early RTV's had a design flaw where you could turn the steering further than what it was really able to handle. I had the same issue you described in what I quoted above.

They created a kit to limit the steering a bit which stopped the problem. It's a simple kit with just a couple steel plates that mount to your lower A-arms. I did a quick internet search but can't find the part #.

Tommy (forum handle is Peanut), created his own limiters which is what I'm using on my RTV and they work very well.

Here's a thread on the subject. Maybe he still has the template or a set already made sitting on a shelf. I'd PM Peanut and see if he can help.
www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12317

Edit to add: I found some old notes on the Kubota kit. It says they're used/needed for RTV serial #'s from 10001 through 66026. They "think" they had the fix in on all higher serial #'s. The serial # is the last 5 digits of your VIN on the plate above your battery.

I "think" I saw a set of limiters on my shop shelf awhile back. Didn't have the mounting bolts but those can be gotten at any hardware store. If Peanut doesn't have what you need (I'd definitely go with his as opposed to the Kubota kit), I'll see if I can find them and get them to you.

v10rick

Site Supporter
OK, with this information, I feel I can now contribute to the thread.

The early RTV's had a design flaw where you could turn the steering further than what it was really able to handle. I had the same issue you described in what I quoted above.

They created a kit to limit the steering a bit which stopped the problem. It's a simple kit with just a couple steel plates that mount to your lower A-arms. I did a quick internet search but can't find the part #.

Tommy (forum handle is Peanut), created his own limiters which is what I'm using on my RTV and they work very well.

Here's a thread on the subject. Maybe he still has the template or a set already made sitting on a shelf. I'd PM Peanut and see if he can help.
www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12317

Edit to add: I found some old notes on the Kubota kit. It says they're used/needed for RTV serial #'s from 10001 through 66026. They "think" they had the fix in on all higher serial #'s. The serial # is the last 5 digits of your VIN on the plate above your battery.

I "think" I saw a set of limiters on my shop shelf awhile back. Didn't have the mounting bolts but those can be gotten at any hardware store. If Peanut doesn't have what you need (I'd definitely go with his as opposed to the Kubota kit), I'll see if I can find them and get them to you.

The members of this forum are awesome!
My sn is 52xxx so I will look into this fix.

Last edited:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I found the Kubota part #. K7571-91750
Looking online, they're about $60 if you can find them. I'd try Messicks first.
I'd still see if Peanut has them first.

If you search this forum for 66026, you'll find a few threads about this issue, the kit and fix.

v10rick

Site Supporter
I found the Kubota part #. K7571-91750
Looking online, they're about $60 if you can find them. I'd try Messicks first.
I'd still see if Peanut has them first.

If you search this forum for 66026, you'll find a few threads about this issue, the kit and fix.

Will do.

Located the front end diagram online. My rig has the holes in the A arm but no stoppers.

Messicks can order for $62 plus shipping.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I checked. I gave away mine a few years ago so I don't have any to offer.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Best I remember on my '05, the stops were really small. If you had a torch and such you could maybe make a set since you said the bolt on holes were already there? I will look on my 2011 today. bordercollie

v10rick

Site Supporter
Best I remember on my '05, the stops were really small. If you had a torch and such you could maybe make a set since you said the bolt on holes were already there? I will look on my 2011 today. bordercollie

Thanks but no torch here.

Waiting to hear from Peanut...will pace the order as a last resort.

Surprising that Kubota did not supply the fix at no cost.
Guess that would be admitting liability, exposing them to lawsuits.
:elephantRear:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Tommy (Peanut) can do anything. First class work too . I bought a set of his stick stoppers and only used the front part (vertical) . Awesome protection for those boots so you may want to look at those as well. The plastic things that came with the 'bota are in a drawer. bordercollie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
If I recall correctly, the steering limiter Tommy makes also incorporates steel stick stoppers.