Larger hydrostat cooler?

jwstewar

Staff member
I have a New Holland TC24D. When I'm mowing with the MMM the left floor board on the tractor gets REALLY hot. Hot enough that I have to move my foot across the center of the tractor. I notice when I'm bush hoggin' too, but not as bad. I think that is because I don't have the heat of the MMM right below as well as the mower itself acting like a mirror and reflecting the heat up.

Anyway, the cooler is in front of the radiator (and the screen) so it gets a bunch of crap:shitHitsFan: in it. I try to keep it washed out. That helps, but it still gets HOT. The cooler on this thing is pretty small. Probably only 8 - 10" across and 3 or 4 rows of "fins." Anyone ever put a larger one on? Or think it is possible? Now in the winter time when I use the heat, I don't get it. Might have to make it quick change and put the smaller one back in for winter use....

Last edited:

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I have never heard of anyone putting a larger one on, but I'm sure it could be done. I wonder if there is a possibility of one being too big and not letting the fluid maintain optimum temperature for the Hydro?