Quick Garden till

jwstewar

Staff member
I've been running behind on getting everything done this spring. Between the rain and cold, I was a little under the weather (nothing serious just felt like crap), and then I have a pretty sick Uncle in the hospital that I've been going to see several nights a week. So I've been mowing the yard in sections. I was finally able to mow the last section yesterday (and remowed another part that looked like crap). Trying to get everything done, I didn't want to put the loader on and take the MMM off. Neither take long or are hard, but didn't want to do both to turn around and do the opposite 20 minutes later. When I finished mowing, I just backed up to the tiller, pinned the mower deck up, hooked the tiller up and off I went. I was worried the 60" tiller would make the front of my TC24D extremely light w/o the FEL, but it actually worked pretty well. I was happy how it worked. It was actually quite a bit more comfortable to drive as the front didn't follow every contour of the ground exactly. Was able to till in 2 wheel drive most of the time. The only time I had any trouble turning was when I was in 4wd, you could see the front end skidding a little bit more than normal. Other than that, I won't be too worried about tillling anymore if the loader isn't on.

jwstewar

Staff member
I've been trying to convince the wife of that, but she isn't seeing it my way so far. Heck, I've even said that I would "settle" for a zero turn.:ohmy: