off topic NFL

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
if this is against the rules then mods can delete.

I think it is disrespectful of the NFL and its players to use the flag as a center for their protest. they should leave the country if they hate America so much.:elephantRear::tiphat:

ovrszd

I agree. I also agree with POTUS suggestion that fans should display their displeasure with their spending, or lack of it.

I guess those displaying this disrespect are lucky they don't work for the Dallas Cowboys. :)

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
A lot of people fought and died for those players to have the right to do what they are doing.

No one that I know has any idea what they are hoping to change or prove. But again, they have that right. I my brothers and I and my co-workers have the right to not watch. And starting last weekend, we stopped watching the NFL and its associated shows.

I hope the ratings will cause the advertisers/sponsors to start bailing.

I would have expected quite different behavior from people who are paid to play a game for money.

ovrszd

A lot of people fought and died for those players to have the right to do what they are doing.

No one that I know has any idea what they are hoping to change or prove. But again, they have that right. I my brothers and I and my co-workers have the right to not watch. And starting last weekend, we stopped watching the NFL and its associated shows.

I hope the ratings will cause the advertisers/sponsors to start bailing.

I would have expected quite different behavior from people who are paid to play a game for money.

At the rate of thousands of dollars a second.

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Have had Tennessee titans tickets since they came to Nashville. Sent them an email Sunday letting them know I won't be a season ticket buyer next year. I hope a lot more do the same.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I rarely watch sports or most tv shows but I'll quit watching them completely if this happens with any of those "stars"-- Hit them in the pocketbook-- quit buying what the advertisers are pushing. Also let the advertisers know your feelings .
A better form of protest would be for them to sit out the entire game/show.. but I bet it's not happening- that would be a sacrifice of a paycheck.. judy

ovrszd

I rarely watch sports or most tv shows but I'll quit watching them completely if this happens with any of those "stars"-- Hit them in the pocketbook-- quit buying what the advertisers are pushing. Also let the advertisers know your feelings .
A better form of protest would be for them to sit out the entire game/show.. but I bet it's not happening- that would be a sacrifice of a paycheck.. judy

Good post.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
There are many misguided NFL players, owners, fans and many other folks from left-leaning liberal causes using their current spotlight and the media to further their causes. It seems their causes are varied, sometimes misunderstood and often their "causes" are being manipulated by others (the money people). While it is their first amendment right to voice opposition positions, attaching their opinions to our National anthem and our National flag at popular sporting events is wrong. TOTALLY WRONG! And, if those folks, where ever they demonstrate this behavior, are permitted to do so, it is our patriotic duty and responsibility to demonstrate our displeasure. But, we must demonstrate in a civil and meaningful way. Several here have voiced several ways and I concur with them. Tell the NFL that you do not agree allowing players to disrespect the USA and will not support their sport, or any sport that acts in such a disgusting way. God Bless the USA.