3ph dimentions and description

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I made the attachment a little bigger. And increased the size of .jpg's all users can add. We don't do as many pics as FF, so we can stand to have a larger file size ....at least for now.

Attachments

• 3ph_diminsions2.jpg
    3ph_diminsions2.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 147

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Also see:

LSU - Quich Hitch formal definition and dimensions

There are several 'standards' for the height of the top pin above the lower pins on a 3-point hitch. If you get a Harbor Freight or Speeco Quick Hitch (same thing) you need to move the top pin on your implements to match whatever standard you choose.

You can click on the diagrams on the LSU page to see detailed dimensions.

quincy

I think I may have a problem?... The towing rig I made measures 18 inches across on the bottom bearer but the funny thing is that the bottom link arms dont open up much wider than that. According to Miths info, 26 inches is the target for cat 1. The sway stabilisers are adjusted all the way back and cant go any further... (you can only just about see them behind the top lift links) Do I have the wrong link set up for my kubota? OR do I have them fitted incorrectly?

BackoftractorSmall.jpg

Mark777

Quincy, Not to worry.

Miths posted dimensions are accurate but unfortunately all manufacturers don't play by the rules.

IMHO, ultimately it's about keeping the 3PH from swaying implements and contacting the inside of your rear tires. Many of us are forced to swap ends with the lower lift arms, shorten or lengthen sway chains and stabilizers...and some times cross them from side to side.

This fine tuning process is more common with Asian tractors and fitting up with implements where one must reverse the pins to close the distance. A process you may discover once you've removed your 3PH tow-hitch and hook up to a (IE) rotary or finish mower.

Mark

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Miths posted dimensions are accurate but unfortunately all manufacturers don't play by the rules.

My drawbar for the BX is a Cat 0 with Cat I pins because I have the same problem, @22 inches is all I have. Like Mark said, reversing the pins on the implements usually works but some implement mfgs don't follow the standard either :pat:

Even if the lower pin spacing is to the standard, the spacing to the top pin varies too so you are constantly adjusting the top link.

The dimensions for the 3 pt have been "standardizied" since the 1940's but I guess a bunch of folks can't read.

Jim

Mith

Quincey, by looking at it your 3ph is a generic one, you might have to shorten the sway links to make it fit properly. Youve got plenty of room between the link arms and your tyres to widen them. I'd leave it be till you need to hook up ot something that is wider.