x1100c Fuel tank gauge

With all of the room there is on the machine and in the front compartment i always keep a 2 liter bottle of diesel in there for the just in case thing.There are times I take off to run bait piles and dont pay attention to the fuel gauge.At the first sign of a sputter i turn the key off and add the fuel in so i dont have to re bleed the fuel lines.Diesel keeps in a standard 2 liter pop bottle just fine and the extra fuel is always nice to have in an emergency.
Just my 2 cents worth

LOL, room! Two 60 pound dogs, Australian Shepherd and a Cattledog, there is no room in my cab! They only let me in because I have the key! But I might stick a container in the back, even though that usually has a tool box, fence stretcher, chainsaw, fence stapler, chainsaw oil, 50 pound bag of sheep minerals and a bunch of trash that I've picked up in my travels

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
with at least 5 machines other then the kubota with hour meters I am not going to remember 10 hours!
When I say 10 hours, I'm saying that every time the hours end in a zero, it's time to add fuel. E.g. 240 hours, 250, 260...

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
The Operator's Manual describes the operation of the fuel gauge. Beneath the display is a fuel-delivery-pump icon which will illuminate as a fuel low-level indicator.
A good way to carry spare fuel is in an old/empty BBQ-Lighter-Fluid bottle. The 32 oz size should work well, stored under the front hood.

One reason fuel gauges fail in diesel machinery is due to fungus/biological contamination from untreated/old fuel. The bio-mass/waste from the "bugs" collect on the sensor and will require cleaning. (I use Biobor JF in my refueling apparatus on the ranch... same stuff we used in the jets I used to operate.)

BTW, I want to apologize to everyone for my recent spate of posts resurrecting older threads. I'm a relative newcomer to these forums and am discovering all kinds of wonderful info here. THANK YOU.

When I can contribute as a form of repayment I am doing so, and hope no one is offended by the older posts I'm just discovering. I expect these older posts can be beneficial to re-visit anyway.

Kind regards to all.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
BTW, I want to apologize to everyone for my recent spate of posts resurrecting older threads. I'm a relative newcomer to these forums and am discovering all kinds of wonderful info here. THANK YOU.

When I can contribute as a form of repayment I am doing so, and hope no one is offended by the older posts I'm just discovering. I expect these older posts can be beneficial to re-visit anyway.

Kind regards to all.
No problem whatsoever! If you just replied to a thread saying "yep" or something stupid, that's one thing but every one of your thread resurrections brings something worthwhile.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Like BCZoom said, No problem at all geohorn. It keeps us on our toes and you might just wake up a member who has been gone awhile if email notification gets to them.
I enjoy the old posts and am reminded of some things I had long forgot. All is good.