I think I got a problem.......

urednecku

Started to take out a smallish oak tree today...not near as big or hard of push as I have done with this thing, and BAM! :wtf: --- :cuss::cuss::cuss:

Guess I'll get my big hammer out tomorrow & see if I can straighten it out.......

Attachments

• P_00934.jpg
    P_00934.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 131

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Ugh!!! If that was a speciality size and green it would be over $600. Good Luck!!If a common size check with surplus center. bordercollie

We just straightened the auger on the feed wagon by using a 20 ton hyd bottle jack.

urednecku

Messicks = $720.38.
Gonna go see a friend @ local machine shop, he told me a few days ago he can get the seal kits for the green ones for a small fraction of the price the local dealer charges.
Lets see what he can do against orange!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
:eek: Good luck with that. Wonder what caused that to happen? Bad angle or a stronger root system than the others you've pushed over. I enjoy pushing over smaller trees on our property and would sure hate to have that happen. Good luck finding a fix for a lot less than 720.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Just bend it back straight. No problem... :)

Kidding aside, ouch. I'm wondering if you could 2 aftermarket ones that would be cheaper then 1 OEM. If you don't get an exact match to the other one, things probably won't lift straight or at the same speed.

Art454

OMG I have never seen one bent that bad.....you have the bucket up high when you was pushing?
I always push from the ground level.....have push high before.......never again after seeing that pic.
GL....let us know what happens....

Ty Art

urednecku

OMG I have never seen one bent that bad.....you have the bucket up high when you was pushing?
I always push from the ground level.....have push high before.......never again after seeing that pic.
GL....let us know what happens....

Ty Art

Maybe a tree limb hit that cyl. and push it in......more I look at makes sense.

Art

Yes, I was pushing high. Done it many, many times before. Getting leverage to loosen the roots, then low to get it outta the ground. Nothing was close to it to put any side pressure on it. I was pushing with the 'claw', and pretty much in the center of the machine on the tree. I guess I just finally found the 'breaking point'.....or make that the 'bending point'.

The local dealer gave me a price of $246 just for the ram. Lucky, the local machine shop gave me a price of ~ $150, plus their work. Not near as bad as it could be.

Art454

Yes, I was pushing high. Done it many, many times before. Getting leverage to loosen the roots, then low to get it outta the ground. Nothing was close to it to put any side pressure on it. I was pushing with the 'claw', and pretty much in the center of the machine on the tree. I guess I just finally found the 'breaking point'.....or make that the 'bending point'.

The local dealer gave me a price of $246 just for the ram. Lucky, the local machine shop gave me a price of ~ $150, plus their work. Not near as bad as it could be.

Ya thats pretty good deal........I would think for today prices thats a good deal.

GL Art

20/20

a quility machine shop is probably the best answer. I know some can be straightened while others can replace the rod, repacking material isn't very expensive. looks like you found your fix

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
I may lead a sheltered life but I've never seen anything like that before. OUCH!!!! It may seem like a silly thing to say, but I suppose it could have been worse. I'm glad that the "fix" isn't too, too expensive.

urednecku

I may lead a sheltered life but I've never seen anything like that before. OUCH!!!! It may seem like a silly thing to say, but I suppose it could have been worse. I'm glad that the "fix" isn't too, too expensive.

Thanks. Nobody @ the machine shop has ever seen one bent like that with-out breaking, either. Orange dealers wanted $246.58 just for the rod. I picked it up at the shop this afternoon for a total of $188.97, ready to put back on.
Works great!

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks. Nobody @ the machine shop has ever seen one bent like that with-out breaking, either. Orange dealers wanted $246.58 just for the rod. I picked it up at the shop this afternoon for a total of $188.97, ready to put back on.
Works great!

What color is it? .............................. :hide:

urednecku

What color is it? .............................. :hide:

Still Orange!! All they did was replace the rod....even cut the old end off the bent one & welded it on the new rod, seals were still good so re-used them as well. (They were $120.00@ the dealer.) :thewave:

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Still Orange!! All they did was replace the rod....even cut the old end off the bent one & welded it on the new rod, seals were still good so re-used them as well. (They were $120.00@ the dealer.) :thewave:

Super! Back in the saddle ................. Yeehaw!