kubota L2550

Bush hogging in heavy stuff yesterday and the left engine cover fell off and I ran over it with the hog. I was ducking to the right from briars and did not see it but I sure heard it. Don't think it can be straightened. Anybody ran into this problem? What to put in place of the cover, used parts?? I doubt a new one is even possible. Thanks for any suggestions.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That sucks. :(

Are you talking about the sheet panel with vents that just cover the side of your engine compartment?

For my use, I pretty much think of those being for esthetics. I try not to go into places where limbs can grab things in the engine compartment.

If you're going to be in briars and brush that can hit your engine from the side, I'd consider fixing or replacing but otherwise, I'd just run without it. Tractors didn't have those until what, the 1990's? Tractors before that never had them. The operator just had to be careful about Mom Nature's greenery trying to get in there.

Thanks for the reply. Yes,cover on the side of engine compartment with vents. Sure looks like a person missing a front tooth without it. To bad they don't have junk yards for Kubota tractors but probably would not be many there.

I called the number at tractorhouse and the woman laughed and said "sweetheart the first sold is body parts". Maybe I am not the only one to run over some sheet metal. Thanks anyway. I will keep searching.