Kubota commercial plow review

harpoonalt

We’ve had a few snowstorms, so I can finally give a review.
I have a good sized driveway, live on a half mile private road, and plow about 300 yards of paths for the dog on the lawn every winter. The road is plowed by a contractor, but I usually push banks back and clean up out near the main road. My previous RTV500 had the Kubota electric plow with manual angle.
My initial reaction was Wow! It takes a bit to get used to the buttons, but the action is very fast compared to the old plow. It raises much higher, which is great for pushing banks back. It’s very fast and being able to change the angle is a game changer. I push at an angle until I’m near the banks, then straighten it out to push them back and stack snow. This thing will push as much snow as our contractors F250 and is way more maneuverable. I clean up out near the main road, pushing backs back and getting snow away from our mailboxes. The truck just can’t get the angles I can. Stuff I’d have to run at with the 500, I just ease into it and go. Way less shoveling as I can now back drag away from the garage doors.
I was very happy with my 500, but the 1120 and the Kubota commercial plow are a in a whole different league. Happy new year!

Attachments

• A92C750C-C294-41D5-ACEF-4F02AB829C78.jpg
    A92C750C-C294-41D5-ACEF-4F02AB829C78.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 72

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
Good review, thank you. I looked at the Kubota snowplow but like everything else that Kubota sells, it was out of range of what I was willing to pay. Looks like a good fit for your needs. Good luck!