Front axle fill BX2230

1kubota

Hi everyone,

I need to know if the axle dipstick should be screwed in or just set on bottom of threads to check proper level. My owners manual doesn't specify.

Thank you

1kubota

Thank you very much. I thought filling with thread sitting on flange would over fill but wasn't sure.

Thanks again

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The way I always think of it when not marked or noted as to which way to go:

When you check any oil level it's normally performed by taking the cold and level machine's dip stick and removing it from its normal setting (screwed in or pushed in) and pull it out to measure the level. It doesn't make sense to me to partially re-install the dip stick and measure it at that level. Think of your car or truck engine oil. If you change your oil, do you just drop the dip stick down until it stops (not in its seated position) to check the oil or do you push it in all the way?

1kubota

bczoom, I understand what your saying about regular dipstick. Usually when there is a screw in dipstick the manual will specify how to check the oil level. My generator oil is checked with bottom of threaded portion sitting on block flange. My Kubota manual didn't specify so I figured I would ask the people who know. Who is that? Well you guys of course.
Thanks