Tractor with forks that will lift pallets

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
:wow: A BIG one. I have a 30hp and the FEL is rated at 900 pounds. I've lifted 1000 with it though. But if I put the clamp on forks on it since the load is out front of the FEL I can lift around 800.

If you switch off the bucket and put on jst the forks that will gain you a little bit.
It appears a LA1002 would have a tad over 2500 lift capacity.

Here is a site with the specs you are after:
http://www.tractorspecs.com/mfg/Kubota/FrontEndLoaders.aspx

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
How high do you need to lift these pallets of rocks? If not high, I'd go with pallet forks that go off the 3-point hitch (something like what's pictured below).

Even then, 2500# is quite a bit. What's the lift capacity of your tractor (or what tractor do you have)?

s-l1000.jpg

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
:wow: A BIG one. I have a 30hp and the FEL is rated at 900 pounds. I've lifted 1000 with it though. But if I put the clamp on forks on it since the load is out front of the FEL I can lift around 800.

If you switch off the bucket and put on jst the forks that will gain you a little bit.

Hey thanks doc! Sounds expensive... eventually I would like to get a tractor to mow with and do small jobs like working gravel or running augers, maybe some bucket work. When I take delivery or pick up my seed in the spring it's on pallets, last year I hand loaded the bags into the rtv and drove out to the field. Thought it would be nice to just grab the pallet with forks and drive the whole thing out there. I could get a seed tender but that would be another expensive tool I would only use for two weeks a year.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
How high do you need to lift these pallets of rocks? If not high, I'd go with pallet forks that go off the 3-point hitch (something like what's pictured below).

Even then, 2500# is quite a bit. What's the lift capacity of your tractor (or what tractor do you have)?

s-l1000.jpg

Never seen those before zoom I'll have to check that out thanks! Basically I need to lift seed pallets off of trailers and haul them to the field , however when i need to move said pallets that tractor will be pulling a planter.
It's a allis 7045, (145hp) tractor data said it can lift 6,600 lbs on the 3pt

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
When you get your seed, does it automatically come with 2500# per pallet?

When I get corn or fertilizer or whatever, when I call to order it, they have no problem with my request to put a certain amount on each pallet. This way, I can size a pallet load for how I want to haul it, unload it and use it. No use having 2000# per pallet when I only want to use 1/2 of that at a time.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
They would probably do smaller pallets but as far as planting I try and plant everything at once, weather permitting.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter

Looks like a M5640mu is a good fit for that loader. Thanks for the link.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I have an MX5100s with quick attach and forks. it will not lift 2000 lbs reliably but just almost will. next is stability issue, with an 1100 round bale on the front i have to be real careful that i don't lift very high because the tractor will tip over. i have ballast in the rear tires and a heavy box blade on the rear.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
What size Kubota would I need to lift 2500lb pallets?

Messicks has a video which explains the different model numbers of Front End Loaders (FELs) … but basically you can use the model number, double it, and that is it's capacity at the pin in Kgs. My LA-1002 FEL therefore is rated at 2K Kgs or about 2500 lbs. The tractor you'll need to use such a loader will likely be one of the larger MX or M series. (Mine is a 1996 M4700, approx. 50 HP)

jimr63

I use the LA1854 loader on my M5-091. It hasn't met a pallet of anything that it can't lift... I even use it to move my JD 644 corn head around in the barn when I need to reposition it. What ever you get/use just make sure to use rear ballast. :cool:

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
On the John Deere website it lists lift capacity at max height 5,176 lbs and 6,627lbf of break out pressure. It doesn’t matter though it will lift all I need.