2016 RTV X1100C or Honda Pioneer 1000?

fishinbill85

Everybody here KNOWS the Kubota's are ruggedly built, they last a good while, and the RESALE is out of this world. Honda has a reputation in the auto market but they aren't workers like Kubota's. I wonder if you purchased a Honda and then go in 2 months later needing to offload it....what would you get? I'm reasonably sure the Kubota would recover most of its cost, and the Honda would take a hit.

I'd get a Kubota based on that and the fact that you want to work with it. No comparison. Like said before, you want speed? Get a quad.

Art454

My 2008 RTV900 with Hand Throttle acts just like an HST tractor. Governed engine speed with the Hand Throttle. Machine doesn't move until foot pedal is depressed. More pedal, more speed. Less pedal, less speed. Movement stops when foot pedal is completely released.

When operating on steep timber terrain with my RTV I preset the engine rpm at approximately 2/3 speed with the Hand Throttle. Then I control ground speed with the foot pedal. Keeps the engine and HVT in it's most powerful torque range. Same would apply if using attachments.

Really wished they would have made the RTV from the start like the HST tractor. So you have a throttle control....3 speeds to chose from...and the peddle with your foot... to go forward and the press it back to go back.
No more shifting all the dam time.

Art454

Everybody here KNOWS the Kubota's are ruggedly built, they last a good while, and the RESALE is out of this world. Honda has a reputation in the auto market but they aren't workers like Kubota's. I wonder if you purchased a Honda and then go in 2 months later needing to offload it....what would you get? I'm reasonably sure the Kubota would recover most of its cost, and the Honda would take a hit.

I'd get a Kubota based on that and the fact that you want to work with it. No comparison. Like said before, you want speed? Get a quad.

I don't think Kubota does not hold the RESALE value as good as a John Deere.
What hurts the RESALE value is Kubota always has the zero percent finance value which really hurts the Resale value IMO.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
...and the peddle with your foot... to go forward and the press it back to go back.

huh???? Did I hear right???? The RTV has a pedal like the tractor to go in reverse instead of having to go up and shift a lever????
I could care less about stereos, AC, heaters, roll down winds and doors but that could convince me to break down and at least look at one......God bless....Dennis

ovrszd

Really wished they would have made the RTV from the start like the HST tractor. So you have a throttle control....3 speeds to chose from...and the peddle with your foot... to go forward and the press it back to go back.

I agree. I'm not smart enough to analyze the two systems and understand why they are different. I'd much prefer a Treddle to change directions.

ovrszd

huh???? Did I hear right???? The RTV has a pedal like the tractor to go in reverse instead of having to go up and shift a lever????
I could care less about stereos, AC, heaters, roll down winds and doors but that could convince me to break down and at least look at one......God bless....Dennis

Nope, you heard wrong. :)

He said he "WISHED" they were designed that way. Me too.

ovrszd

What hurts the RESALE value is Kubota always has the zero percent finance value which really hurts the Resale value IMO.

I agree. The vast majority of buyers are looking for financing. Why pay 85% of new price for a used machine and then have to arrange financing with interest. "Easier/cheaper" to buy new and get 0% financing.

With that said, 0% financing is a myth. Nothing in today's World is free. If you get 0% financing you will pay a higher price than if you paid cash. That will create a fury of discussion and argument. But basic economics will prove it true. :)

Nevadablue

No argument... but $400 rebate is peanuts compared to the deal I got, AND to the deals other manufacturers offer. I'm happy no matter how it came out.

Edited to add... I DID check the deals and offered cash. Same price.

Art454

Hope I did not give you a Heart attack there Dennis.

Art454

I agree. The vast majority of buyers are looking for financing. Why pay 85% of new price for a used machine and then have to arrange financing with interest. "Easier/cheaper" to buy new and get 0% financing.

With that said, 0% financing is a myth. Nothing in today's World is free. If you get 0% financing you will pay a higher price than if you paid cash. That will create a fury of discussion and argument. But basic economics will prove it true. :)

Agree....they do it on cars to.

Treehouse

Site Supporter
Symphony

Have you looked at the JD 825i. It's something between the 'bota (all work) and pioneer (almost all play). I made the swith from an rtv 900 to 825i and it was right choice for me. JD has clearance and suspension geometry to get over and through stuff the rtv just couldn't handle, it shifts gears with no fuss an runs at 44mph if you want to have some fun. It also has heavy duty automotive grade suspension components and a highly functional power dump bed so you can do some real work.

Downsides are belt driven tranny, Chinese engine and Cabs aren't as slick as kubota's.

All in all I think it's a better compromise between work and pay than the new pioneer. I also think it may e cheaper.

Best,

Treehouse

Good luck whatever you go with.

symphony

Treehouse,

Thanks for your suggestion. I did look closely at the JD 825i and 855D but as you mentioned, they both have belts which I’d rather avoid if possible.

I’m leaning towards the 2016 X1100C but want to wait for the details on the PTO option. I’ve looked at the cab offerings of the competition but they just don’t compare. The RTV cab is well sealed and will stand up to anything mother nature will throw at it.

My ideal UTV would be the marriage of the Pioneer’s drivetrain with the dual-clutch transmission, front and rear locking differentials and the RTV’s diesel engine, cab and heavy duty frame.

The new PTO option will likely seal the deal for me as it will offer the use of several implements that are useful for my particular situation.

Last edited:

ovrszd

My ideal UTV would be the marriage of the Pioneer’s drive train with the dual-clutch transmission, front and rear locking differentials and the RTV’s diesel engine, cab and heavy duty frame.

Bingo,,,, Yahtzee,,,,, Goal,,,,,, Homerun,,,,, or whatever your favorite game is.... :)

Art454

The Bobcat is well worth looking into as well as the Kubota.
Bobcat has so many more Front and Rear attachments than Kubota does.
And its been around longer in the Front and rear PTO area.

OrangeBuggy

Got to look at the new pto setup at my dealer a couple weeks ago. But holly cow $7,000 + with V plow, plus the install. I really don't want all of that framework hanging under there all the time either. They are talking about a lot of snow this year, at lease for around here, and I'm thinking about getting a Boss V plow.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Got to look at the new pto setup at my dealer a couple weeks ago. But holly cow $7,000 + with V plow, plus the install. I really don't want all of that framework hanging under there all the time either. They are talking about a lot of snow this year, at lease for around here, and I'm thinking about getting a Boss V plow.

yes i was looking ar my winter weather outlook for my are and they say to expect 166% of normal snowfall this winter. that means i should get a wopping 14 inches. for the year