2016 RTV X1100C or Honda Pioneer 1000?

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
I sure like that fwd/rev pedal on the polaris/bobcat...Why can't kubota offer it on the RTV? My 04 900 shifts as slick as warm butter now that it is well worn in but still is plagued by not having the brake pedal pressure relief that more recent models have. When snow plowing where frequent forward reverse direction changes are required sure becomes tedious shifting that lever. Took an 1100 for a spin at the dealer the other day and I am a Kubota bigot but......I think I'll check out the offerings of the polaris/bobcat.

I heard that, I purchased my x1100 late 2016 and it gets stuck in gear. I have pressed on the brake and that seems to make no difference. I am still inexperienced with this machine but turning the wheel to one side seems to help, truth be told with this warm winter I have been using the plow to push brush into a fire after dumping. Sitting on hot coals is the most inopportune time to get stuck in gear. I guess what I am saying is I've heard on this forum of a brake pressure release but I have never had it work for me, so far only cranking the wheel to one side releases the pressure but from what you guys and gals have wrote it will break in eventually.

Kanook

I heard that, I purchased my x1100 late 2016 and it gets stuck in gear. I have pressed on the brake and that seems to make no difference. I am still inexperienced with this machine but turning the wheel to one side seems to help, truth be told with this warm winter I have been using the plow to push brush into a fire after dumping. Sitting on hot coals is the most inopportune time to get stuck in gear. I guess what I am saying is I've heard on this forum of a brake pressure release but I have never had it work for me, so far only cranking the wheel to one side releases the pressure but from what you guys and gals have wrote it will break in eventually.

Either you are not keeping the pedal depressed long enough or the linkage from the brake pedal to the transmission is out of adjustment. The 1100 I test drove at my dealer worked as advertised. I deliberately drove up a steep loading ramp and stopped part way up. My old 900 would have been impossible to get out of gear without killing the engine to release hydro pressure in that situation. The test unit slipped right out of gear after holding pressure on the brake pedal for a couple of seconds. In real world situations my 900 will get become difficult (or impossible without damaging the shifter forks) when pushing snow into a pile if I don't raise the blade before coming to a stop. The 'Blizzard' blade runs off its own electric hydraulic.

If I do trade my 900, the new machine will have an articulating V-Blade

Willb

If Bobcat still uses hydraulic wheel motors at all 4 corners, I would avoid them like the plague - They are $10,000 each.

With things like KTAC, and Kubota's support system I would get the RTV 1100.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
If your gear shift hangs up, one tip my dealer showed me was to goose the throttle just a touch while moving the shifter. This usually works for me. I am told that after a couple hundred hours this improves considerably.

This is in addition to the brake pedal suggestion above which also works and is probably safer for hills.

ItBmine

I noticed that on my test drive too....the shifter was very hard to change ranges or to reverse. I asked my dealer if it was a set-up thing as they just got it and never did a full PDI yet. He told me the same thing....it will get better with use.

I keep hearing about these RTV1100's being gutless.....but I deliberately climbed hills that had me, my wife and son all scared inside it. And it just kept climbing straight up.

ovrszd

If Bobcat still uses hydraulic wheel motors at all 4 corners, I would avoid them like the plague - They are $10,000 each.

With things like KTAC, and Kubota's support system I would get the RTV 1100.

Wow!!!! I didn't know that. Each wheel motor is $10K??? Wow!!!!!

I put a "wheel motor" on my brother's Bobcat CTL and it was only $3500. Wow.......

ovrszd

I think the improvement over time is more related to the operator adjusting to the machine rather than the machine adjusting to the operator. :)

ItBmine

LOL, Could be ovrszd. Anyone else find the shifter sticky?

I know I still have to finesse the range shifter on my B2620 the odd time and it has just over 400 hours on it.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My 06 900 was tough to shift. It's better after I had the work done at the dealer replacing front drive shaft and more.
My 09 1140 shifts so much easier than my 900 ever did. Plus it does not have the quick stop when I let off the gas. I was pleasantly surprised for sure.
I've never driven a new 900 or 1100 so my experience is of little help for that question. sorry.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Doc, does your 1140 have a coast plug that makes stopping a little less abrupt or is it just the factory configuration?

Does anyone have a coast plug in their RTV-X model?