How many hours on your Kubota?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum!

What engine do you have? (or tell us what machine you're driving)

What kinds of work/chores are you doing? Are you running at RPMs go get 540 to the PTO frequently?

How are you at doing regular maintenance? Do you run quality fluids (diesel, tranny, engine oil...)?

It's wide open but I'd take those things into account. If you're hard on your equipment, I'd guess 5000 hours before a rebuild. If you baby it, maybe almost double that amount. I know some where the tractor has fallen apart around the engine but it keeps going (even well after the hour meter quit running or it also got too tired and just quit.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Heck I only have 375 hours on my Kubota. Barely broke it. Since I got a ZTR a few years ago and don't use the Kubota for mowing duties I have not put near as many hours on it each year. It should outlast me for sure.

urednecku

Can't remember for sure, but I think I'm closing in on 380.
I've used it for lots of things, from bush-hogging, discing (I cut-in & planted about 20 acres this last winter), clearing an orange grove, etc. Some of it it worked hard, most of it not 'working' at all, but I'm not scared to use it.
Still looking forward to thousands of more hours of seat time!

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
I've got about 1650 hours on my B2400. It's just over 10-years old.

I've got about 260 hours on the L4740 and it's coming up on 3-years old.

I usually average about 200 to 250 hours on both over the course of a year and that has been pretty consistent over the years. It'll probably be higher next year as I will be using the L4740 at the farm more.

I don't baby them but I don't abuse them either. All fluids are changed on time, every time. The majority of the hours on each is at PTO speed for mowing, either yard or pasture.

I think both of them will probably see me out of here. I'm trying to decide who to leave them to. Ah heck, I'll just take them with me. :whistling::whistling:

LETHAL GTS

I have a Kubota tractor on my lot M7950 with 11,000 hours and runs like a top, never been apart (engine that is).
I have a client with an RTV900 that has over 10,000 hours of abusive use, never been apart.
I have a client that services reefer engines (mostly Kubota's) and he tells me they are seeing 25 to 35,000 hours on them before requiring rebuild. Gen set's in the mining industry that run 24/7 except when they are being serviced getting 20,000+ hours on them.
You will most likely wear the tractor out before you wear that Kubota diesel out.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I am approaching 3,500 hrs on my '05 RTV 900 with no engine or transmission work. I use OEM filters and Kubota trans fluid . Bordercollie

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
I have a Kubota tractor on my lot M7950 with 11,000 hours and runs like a top, never been apart (engine that is).
I have a client with an RTV900 that has over 10,000 hours of abusive use, never been apart.
I have a client that services reefer engines (mostly Kubota's) and he tells me they are seeing 25 to 35,000 hours on them before requiring rebuild. Gen set's in the mining industry that run 24/7 except when they are being serviced getting 20,000+ hours on them.
You will most likely wear the tractor out before you wear that Kubota diesel out.

Well, that's good to know.

I plan on living until I'm at least 150-years old and it'll be some consolation to know that my "babies" will still be with me. :wink:

Tennslim

I have a K LM 2400.
Use it to haul a Rhino SE 5 Bush hog, and carry rocks....
Some 185 hours, bought in 2007, from a dealer in Arkansas.
This setup is used on a Arkansas rock, tree acerage. So far the K is about the best tractor I have used.
My older tractor was a Allis Chalmers, C model. You can see how long ago that was.
end
Semper FI