Finally got to take the new RTV through some snow

Khowell05

I was very surprised that with no weight in the bed how well these machines do in the snow, I can tell the power loss but they keep chugging along, just waiting for my boss v-plow to come in! What's the snow like in your areas, I'm in Michigan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 210

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Bay County Here, I've had my 04 900 for 3 yrs and have plowed everything we've got usually in 2wd but have 16 cinder blocks in the bed and Grim Reaper tires. A couple of weeks back we got about 6" of the heaviest, wettest snow I've ever seen. Lost traction in 2wd a couple of times so went to 4wd, the old gal hooked up and said "we've got it now". Moved everything from all the driveways I do. Just in case there is a set of chains hanging in the pole barn but they are beginning to look like a bad investment.

These little devils are almost unstoppable when they have traction and are running well. Bob

You will like the Boss V-plow, works really well on the RTV. I took the advice of Mark on this forum and put Grim Reapers on and have no problem plowing my 1000 ft plus elevated driveway in Pa.

Khowell05

I've had this thing a week or so and I can't stay out of it, I was on the fence but I'm glad I made the purchase, just got back in from taking a cruise and its 9 degrees out with a -5 windchill but I couldn't tell that?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 198

DwRam

Site Supporter
Washtenaw county here, not a lot of snow yet, about 4 inches. Plenty cold though with more snow to come. I have the Boss v-plow on my 1100 with the worksite tires. As long as I'm on blacktop. No tracrion problems in 4 wheel drive in any snow fall yet in 2 years. And the last 2 winters we set records. You'll love the capabilities of the v-plow. Let it snow.

Mark.Sibole

I've had this thing a week or so and I can't stay out of it, I was on the fence but I'm glad I made the purchase, just got back in from taking a cruise and its 9 degrees out with a -5 windchill but I couldn't tell that?

LOL mine is open cab but if you dress right it isnt that cold .Glad for you that you made the purchase.I know you will like it.It will be different than my 05 model but still a great machine.IM not sure if the newer models have the engine throttle as I call it where you can adjust the rpms with the knob to add more power for the hydrolycs accessorys but if it does i recomment you adjust that to a high rpm when plowing.This way you are making power and just use the accelerator pedal for forward movment.It works much nicer for plowing and seems to give a lot more power.I hope I explained this right .I just work up and am still seeing snow flakes.JUst remember the most important rule.STAY SAFE in it....

628pm

Site Supporter
You will like the v-plow, I finally put mine on last week. Still no snow, not complaining, wife retired first of January so not in a hurry to clean drive if it snows. I do enjoy using it though, I have a cab along with heater from Kubota, so let it snow whenever.

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
I love the Boss V-Plow. I only have worksite tire, no weight in back and some long steep hills and over a mile of driveway and I've never been stuck. The RTV is a tank and its plowing ability is amazing. I have a canopy and glass windshield with wiper. I would love to have doors and heat, but in spite of the openness it is fun plowing. Its using the Boss control unit (not a joy stick) that is tough with gloves on!

Mark.Sibole

Bring it up to my place we can break it in properly.Im butt crack deep in snow and 10 to 12 more inches of lake effect to come today.Ill even sit in the cab with ya to keep you company lol

ovrszd

Bring it up to my place we can break it in properly.Im butt crack deep in snow and 10 to 12 more inches of lake effect to come today.Ill even sit in the cab with ya to keep you company lol

Awe Man, the vision of that much snow just freaks me out. Once in awhile we'll get a foot or more at once. But it's a rare event. Out issue is normally 4-8" of snow and then high winds. We might get 2 snows over 8" in a Winter but that's abnormal. Our rural roads are leftovers from the last Century so they drift full very easily.

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Here is a photo from last winter. Boss V plow on a RTV 1100 and worksite tires. I put 10 cinder blocks in the bed and left the rear tire chains in the barn.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 94