The Great Escape

Black Cloud

Hello fellow Kubota people;
My little Kubota L245DT, after much effort, made it home in time for the snow removal phase of living in North Central BC. It started much better than I expected. It starts easily up to 10 below Celcius (approx. 20 F) I started her at about 20 below (0F) one day and she was not particularly happy about that. I could not get a heat circulating pump that would fit. I am planning on building a shelter for my girl this summer and that should really help. I lined up a guy who is going to fabricate a subframe for the Hanmey Backhoe. Hopefully this will preclude breaking her in half again. He is very experienced and stated quite plainly that a subframe is absolutely necessary. So far the only person who thinks otherwise is the guy who sold it to me. Go figure. I will take pictures once the job is done and post. This will probably not happen until May.
I am posting this from the Vancouver Airport as we are waiting to board our flight to Australia. Hopefully the cyclone will have abated before our arrival. The flooding is pretty extensive. Of course none of this was happening when we set this whole deal up. We have rented a little Mitsubishi Travel Van for our stay in Australia so here goes. Upon our return home to the Great White North winter's back will be broken. Talk to you soon.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds like FUN. I would love to visit Australia one of these days. Is this a pleasure trip? I'm hoping you'll share some pics of your visit down under, and of the project on your tractor.
Have a great trip, and check in here when you get a chance.

Black Cloud

This is a trip the boss and I have been planning for years. My nephew emigrated Down Under and now has a three year old boy. The first addition to the next generation of Pearce's. They live in Dubbo. My wife's brother lives in New Zealand, the next stop on our itinerary, so this definitely is a pleasure trip. I am posting this from Sydney and it was untouched by the cyclone . Unfortunately we will probably not drive up the Gold Coast now as the highways are washed out, hydro is down and the military is in there trying to clean everything up. The last thing they need is a couple of Canucks wandering around. Watching the news it was interesting to note that they follow American football and Bball very closely. Extensive coverage on the Superbowl. We went from -20c to + 35C in 2 days. Bit of a shock to the system.

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
How long are you gone for? Many years ago I spent a couple of weeks in Australia, mainly on the west coast. I'd love to go back again. 2 weeks isn't enough time to see a country that large. I loved the place and I loved the people ... and the beer wasn't bad either. :)

New Zealand is the one place that I'd really like to visit. It'll take a lot to get me off my ass in East Texas but a NZ trip would do it. An American friend spent a month touring the South Island in a motor home. He had traveled and worked all over the world but he said that if he ever had to leave the US he'd make a bee line for NZ.

Have a great time and post pictures. We love pictures. :clap::clap::clap:

Black Cloud

We have arrived in Cairns and the monsoon season is full on. Amazingly diverse country. Kubota has a very small presence here and I have only noticed one dealership so far. John Deere seems to be the big boy. The farmers here have been hammered by the extreme weather and the devastation is complete in some areas. I paid a $1.60 for a banana the other day. Amazing people and a very different country where wildlife is concerned. I will take a grizzley bear over a croc any day.