Which one?

BobinNM

OK - I've narrowed it down to two tractors;

A 2007 L3839 with loader (QA bucket), 4X4, HST, 365hrs

A 2008 L3400 with loader (QA bucket), 4X4, HST, 72hr.

Each are comparable, with corresponding prices reflecting hours.
The difference in price is not the issue, the question is, in this forum's opinion, is one of these machine preferrable over the over?
I'm always inclined to go with more HP?

I'm tired of shopping, ready to buy.:pat: This is for use on our 15 acre farm, replacing our old Ford 9n (we have no loader now, need one badly).

Any input appreciated.

Thanks - Bob

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Bob, I just bought a Kioti DK40 with a loader. I was going smaller like with a DK 35 - at first even the ck35 but was encouraged by members here to go for the 40 hp. I am sure glad I did- and the 4 wd has already saved me twice in two weeks while I was spraying and pulling a 300 gallon sprayer. The one I went with also weighed more so I think that is helpful when traction is needed as in fel work or disc or plow work.. I would check into the loader capacity etc of the models you are interested in if that would be an important part of it's use. Good luck with which ever you choose. Bordercollie

Deerlope

If that is a typo error Where it say L3839, could it be an L 3830 if it is the latter well I had one and wish I still had it. It was absolutely a great tractor. Only 3 cyl but did a lot of work for me. I traded for more HP and a cab.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Bob. Given all else is equal I'd go with the one with the most HP. If one was Hydro and the other not, I'd go with the Hydro if the HP was close (like these are).
I have not heard of any negatives for either machine ...so go with the most HP. You'll be glad you did. Tires might make a difference if one is R4 and the other is Ag's R1's. Ag's are best on the farm. If you plan to mow R4's are easier on the yard and a compromise. They don't do near as well in the mud though. Don't ask me how I know. LOL.

Good luck on your purchase. I know the feeling of being tired of shopping and just want to pull the trigger. Get er done. And be sure to share some pics. :D :thumb:

BobinNM

Thanks guys, yes it was a typo - should be 3830, too many model numbers in my head! I am leaning toward 3830 but the 3400 is much closer. Also the 3830 was bought from auction by the current owner, so its history is sketchier. The 3400 is original owner new.
Thanks
Bob

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks guys, yes it was a typo - should be 3830, too many model numbers in my head! I am leaning toward 3830 but the 3400 is much closer. Also the 3830 was bought from auction by the current owner, so its history is sketchier. The 3400 is original owner new.
Thanks
Bob
Now I'm understanding your dilima, since the 3830 came from an auction at some point. So it's had two owners so far. The other tractor is not even broke in (hopefully it had it's 50 hour service already ....better be sure of that.
All that known I'm still leaning towards the 3830. I have about the same number of hours on my 3010 and it's still like new (to me).
One thing for sure don't wait to long or your decision will be made for you. Someone will buy one or the other or both will sell. Good luck with your decision.

BobinNM

Saw the 3830 today, will pick it up Saturday. I love the HST! Wow. Compared to my old 9n, it was like... well there really is no comparison. So smooth... sweet. Will post some picks early next week if all goes well. Thanks again for the advice. Your words convinced me to look at the higher HP even though it was a bit of a trip. Thanks again - Bob