Installing Boss "V" snow plow on X1100C

doublejack

Anyone install a Boss V plow on an X1100c themselves? They are asking about $500 to install at dealer. Is it a big job? Difficult if you handy with tools? Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

DwRam

Site Supporter
Sorry I'm not sure. Dealer installed mine and I already had them install a winch. So when I bought the V-blade I wasn't sure if it would need removed or not. So I had them do it. And the winch was not removed and the install worked great. It looks like a fair amount of work is involved to do it. But I'm sure if you are handy with tools and running wires. You won't have too much trouble. What's your time worth?

Kanook

Sample install for a boss blade....Go to Boss site and look for manuals (I googled boss v plow). The proceedure is similiar to the one I used to install my Blizzard and if you can use a socket wrench, box wrench etc you'll have no difficulty..I did have the use of my backyard buddy 4 poster car lift to hoist the RTV so I could stand under it.....had no lying on cold concrete with grit falling in my face.

Attachments

• boss install.jpg
    boss install.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 90