2015 1100 shredder?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'll be surprised if there are Kubota made impliments just for the RTV's but you got me to wondering why doesn't Kubota tap this market. It would be HUGE.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
And use what to drive them??.....the hdros???

Now, if they could work a PTO out the back of the trans, that would be a game WINNER

tlk

guess I was referring more the shredders I have seen that have a gas engine on the shredder/mower that you could pull behind the 1100

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
How big of an area do you need to mow?

I used to have a pull behind like you're looking for (don't recall the brand) but for the areas I need a bush hog, I arrange it that a local farmer comes in to do it and he bales it (as part of a trade). I then keep an old garden tractor for touching up the sides and along the fences where he can't reach. Although it's a finish mower, it rips through everything. A mower/shredder that's a pull behind costs $1500-5000. An old garden tractor with good mower deck is cheap. I paid under $400 for an older Craftsman with a 2-cyl Kohler.

tlk

How big of an area do you need to mow?

I used to have a pull behind like you're looking for (don't recall the brand) but for the areas I need a bush hog, I arrange it that a local farmer comes in to do it and he bales it (as part of a trade). I then keep an old garden tractor for touching up the sides and along the fences where he can't reach. Although it's a finish mower, it rips through everything. A mower/shredder that's a pull behind costs $1500-5000. An old garden tractor with good mower deck is cheap. I paid under $400 for an older Craftsman with a 2-cyl Kohler.

I need it for a pretty good size coastal field - may end up buying a tractor