non STOPPING kubota

shinnlinger

Well well,

I got my rig started now I cant shut it off. It seems the key stop no longer works. The fuse is fine. Any ideas where I should look next?

I'm going to burn up a lot of fuel this winter if I cant shut it off! Ok well I can stall it out so don't worry about that, but it is nice to be able to kill it with the key so to speak.

Dougster

Old Member
Well well,

I got my rig started now I cant shut it off. It seems the key stop no longer works. The fuse is fine. Any ideas where I should look next?

I'm going to burn up a lot of fuel this winter if I cant shut it off! Ok well I can stall it out so don't worry about that, but it is nice to be able to kill it with the key so to speak.
My TYM-made Mahindra 4110 has an emergency engine stop cable/handle to use in case the key shut-off doesn't work. I thought Kubota had something similar... no?

Dougster

shinnlinger

Well, My dads old kubota and my school bus had mechanical shut downs as does my excavator, but this machine is only key stop to the best of my knowledge.

In the past I have heard a clicking several seconds after shut down which I think denotes a solenoid, But I can't say I have heard it since my starting troubles it seems to run fine but then again I don't think I have run it more that 20 minutes since then....

What I can say is this. At one point during my starting escapade, I think I swiched it to start as oppposed to charge and left it for a bit, which could have overloaded somthing, but the fuse did not blow. I did manage to blow my front lights on my canopy during this time some how.