Hopefully picking up a Zero Turn Saturday

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Hopefully I'll be able to pick up my new ZD323-60 on Saturday :clap::blob_blue:

My wife works for a Kubota dealer and they've had this ZD sitting outside every morning when I take her to work. I got to joking around with the owner and told him to write up a sales order for it. Next thing I know, I was out driving it around while he put some figures on paper. With Kubota's 0% for 60 Months along with a $300 Instant Rebate, I had to buy it.

I know I could have gone with a less expensive brand such as Cub Cadet or even as high as an Exmark. But this just happened to be what I wanted, Kubota quality and endurance, diesel and a 60" Fabricated deck instead of stamped. Oh and the financing. I liked the service jack built into the front of it and pneumatic front tires. The filters and grease zerks look to be readily accessible. I'll be to tell more once I pick it up.

It appears to come in about 200lbs less than my tractor and belly mower combination, so hopefully less ruts in the wet front yard.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow!!! :eek: Congrats Jerry!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
I drooled over those but went with a Scag as it was a couple grand cheaper. That front end service jack is cool. No other model has that.
What are pneumatic front tires? :confused: What is the advantage of them?
You are gonna love mowing now .... but you'll have to wait a few months to really get at it. Dang it. :yum:
Post pics when you can.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Doc, some front tires are solid these are air filled. I suppose you might be able to run lower pressure in them to be easier on the lawn.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ahhh, okay. Mine are air filled. Course they have no tread on them. They are easy to puncture. Or if the pressure is to low they'll slip off the rim if on a small hill and a lot of side pressure is on them. I eventually put tubes in both of my front tires and have not had issues since them. Course they were fine for 3 or 4 years then I started having issues and I got one tube, a year or two later I tubed the other tire.

I think air filled are lighter and roll easier also. :thumb:

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Yes the Scag is an excellent unit too. I guess I just happened in to be in the right place at the right time.

He wanted to get rid of it before next month. He would have had to pay for it by then.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yes the Scag is an excellent unit too. I guess I just happened in to be in the right place at the right time.

He wanted to get rid of it before next month. He would have had to pay for it by then.
Right time right place. Way to go. :clap: :clap:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats Jerry!!!

You're going to love it. I'll also bet it cuts your mowing time in half.

A couple things you'll want to get used to doing to avoid tearing up your lawn.
Slow down on corners. Although the mower can fly through the corners, if you do, it'll leave skid marks.
When doing a 180-degree turn (turn on a dime), don't let it pivot on one tire. You'll want one tire rolling forward and the other in reverse at the same speed.

Also consider hearing protection if you don't use it now. The engine is right next to you (more so then a tractor).

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Congratulations!! That is a fine mower. I use a ZD28 with 60" deck and I save several hrs per mowing session. and that seat-it is so comfortable. :). I did make a dirt ramp to make servicing the rear underneath easier- and it does. :) bordercollie

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Yeah I already played with doing some turns at the dealers place to see what happens in different scenarios. So now maybe I won't tear up my yard so much. I always use hearing protection when on the tractor anyway so it won't be any different on the ZD. The suspension seat was another selling point for me. I didn't try it but they said it not only slid back and forth, but it could recline or tilt. I'll check that out Saturday.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I picked up the ZD323 today. What an awesome machine. This morning, things went to hell in a hand basket for a little bit. Needed the New Holland to move the trailer out front. Wouldn't start. I've had it 8 years. Guess how long factory batteries might last? Yep 8 years. Put a charger on it, turned it to BOOST. After awhile it started. Then if I released the parking brake or put it in gear, it just died. Like I had the PTO on, which I didn't. Finally found a stick that had fallen behind and then under the seat. It was keeping the Operator Presence switch from making contact. Cleared that and things went well after that.

Got to the dealer and shot the bull with them for a few and then the buyer walk through. They kinda talked me into a set of Gator blades, I knew I wanted them anyway, eventually. The brand new original blades were laying there for me to take home too. This dealer is just friggin' awesome. If anyone is close to Central Ohio please visit White Acres Implement in Hilliard, OH. When you walk into their building you'd swear you just walked into 1950. Timmy, as he likes to be called, runs this place just like his Daddy always did. They have a bunch of antiques and memorabilia just stacked on shelves and hanging from the ceiling. An old Coke machine but the cans/bottles come out without any money. The candy jar is always stocked as is the peanut jar. Parts inventory kept on index cards.

Doc, I know your daughter lives close by. Next time you go to visit, you just have to stop in and meet Timmy. You'll be impressed. They are at 5730 Hayden Run Rd. Hilliard, OH.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Now on to the pictures............

Attachments

• P1010015.JPG
    P1010015.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 75
  • P1010016.JPG
    P1010016.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 74
  • P1010017.JPG
    P1010017.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 76
  • P1010018.JPG
    P1010018.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 75

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
More...........

Attachments

• P1010020.JPG
    P1010020.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 75
  • P1010021.JPG
    P1010021.JPG
    135.6 KB · Views: 75
  • P1010022.JPG
    P1010022.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 76

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sweet!!! BTW, where's your ear protection? :whistle:

I'm assuming your suspension seat doesn't flip up. For those reading this that do get a flip-up seat, make sure you bungy or strap it down when trailering it. If not, it bounces all over until it finally flips over.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Yes it flips up, but it has a latch so it can't flip when traveling down the road. I just hadn't gotten the ear protection on in those pics. But I did shortly after.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awesome machine Jerry. :eek: :thumb: That will make short work of your lawn duties for sure.
What is the gray thingy on the front for? It looks like an air guard for your feet. :confused:
I don't remember that being there when I was ZTR shopping.
I was in Dublin, Marysvillle and Hilliard yesterday. Halloween party in Hilliard. Those kids are to wild for me. :eek: I feel much better than most of them today. A big part of the party was watching the buckeyes pull their game out against Wisconsin. Awesome finish. We needed that one big time.
Sorry for the OT rambling. I will have to stop in on that dealer next time I'm up there.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Doc, If you lift up that cover, that's where you can change from a rigid front axle to a moveable one. It's also where the maintenance lift handle is stored.
If you do try to visit on a Saturday, they are only there 9-12. M-F is 9-5