Anyone know what garden tractor with diesel out 2008?

Milwaukee

I just want know if you can find answer for that. It my job keep this busy instead abandoned john deer forum.

What new garden tractor with yanmar will out 2008? Not scut or big tractor.

Mark777

Dan,

I'm not aware of any Yanmar lawn or garden tractors that are out now or scheduled for '08.

I have indeed seen them in Japanese ads and are about the same size as GT's over here. The more recent ad included a Yanmar with a laser cut front finish mower instead of the typical MMM but I can't recall if it was a diesel...

Mark

HeyBob

Not quite sure where you are going with this.........

Click

Looks like a diesel already exists, doesn't JD use all Yanmar diesels in their small stuff?

Milwaukee

I didn't know they use diesel for that. What I know they use yanmar for diesel engine for their john deer's tractors.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have indeed seen them in Japanese ads and are about the same size as GT's over here. The more recent ad included a Yanmar with a laser cut front finish mower instead of the typical MMM but I can't recall if it was a diesel...

Mark

Laser cut!!????? What a cool idea. Unless the laser went out of control and cut off the bottom of your house er soemthing. :D

Really I had no idea they were using laser technology to cut grass. I guess all of my grass cutters will be obsolete sooner than I thought.

Wannafish

Laser cut!!????? What a cool idea. Unless the laser went out of control and cut off the bottom of your house er soemthing. :D

Really I had no idea they were using laser technology to cut grass. I guess all of my grass cutters will be obsolete sooner than I thought.

Yes Sir! You ought to see that bugger cut when you turn the power supply up too high...Trees, shrubs, flowers - whatever is in the way. What really sucks though is when you run over the power supply cord trailing behind you. Normally it works fine if you mow in a square pattern...it's when you come to the end and turn the wrong way. That laser cuts right thru the cord. It seems to me they could design it's wavelength to not affect the rubber coating of the wire and thereby protecting it. I mean DANG! I set the leaves on fire the other day when I burnt thru the cord. What a mess.
Doc - since your mowers will be obsolete soon I will come down there and take them off your hands. Heck, I might even give you $2 each just to save you from having to take them to the landfill...

Random thoughts by...me!

Mark777

Click

Looks like a diesel already exists, doesn't JD use all Yanmar diesels in their small stuff?

I believe so...at least the Yanmar 3TNE, 3 cylinder diesel engines are in their (JD) 1400 series lawn tractors......what a machine! Three different engine sizes and one or two gas engines too.

Mark

Wannafish

"It my job keep this busy instead abandoned john deer forum."

Let me help...
I should say - I don't know much about the smaller John Deere tractors and/or Yanmar. But then again I don't really know alot about anything that matters...right Doc?:poke:

Mark,
IMHO a sale price of $10k for a 595 is quite high. I bought my 4010 diesel cut w/FWA/FEL/MMM and tiller new for $14k. When I bought it I could have bought a 595 diesel w/FWA and MMM for new for $8000. Of course that was several years ago - but the economy, here in Michigan anyway, certainly has not grown by 25%.

B

bczoom

Yes Sir! You ought to see that bugger cut when you turn the power supply up too high...Trees, shrubs, flowers - whatever is in the way. What really sucks though is when you run over the power supply cord trailing behind you.
OK, tell us more (maybe a new thread?). I've never heard of laser cutting. What's this supply cord that gets cut? Got any videos or sites or something that show how this thing works or videos of it in action?

Wannafish

OK, tell us more (maybe a new thread?). I've never heard of laser cutting. What's this supply cord that gets cut? Got any videos or sites or something that show how this thing works or videos of it in action?

Due to it's nature of using laser to cut, the power requirements are such that the only way you can power it is with a 70KW power supply. Since this is too much to run off the tractors battery, and a generator of sufficient size to operate it would be too big to haul behind a lawn mower size tractor, a power source is needed. I just plug mine into the Dairy Queen's transformer that powers their freezer...but that's another story.

I have pictures, unfortunately all you can see is the smoke from the leaves that caught on fire. I'll try to remember to post them tonight, though I don't know what good they will do BC.
Hmmm. I wonder if the D.Q would mind if I used all that melted ice cream running out of their freezer to put out the leaves...:badidea:

B

bczoom

Due to it's nature of using laser to cut, the power requirements are such that the only way you can power it is with a 70KW power supply. Since this is too much to run off the tractors battery, and a generator of sufficient size to operate it would be too big to haul behind a lawn mower size tractor, a power source is needed.
OK. So it's not quite yet a viable technology to replace good ole spinning blades ... yet.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I will come down there and take them off your hands. Heck, I might even give you $2 each just to save you from having to take them to the landfill...
!

Gee thanks WF!!!! Come on down!!!! I have a couple old mowers you can get right now, I'd even pay you 2 dollars to haul em away.

I'll keep using the ZTR and Kubota for the time being though. :D

Wannafish

Doc - Thank You! I think I'll leave my laser mower at home though since I don't have the cord fixed yet. Of course we could always let it just rool into the river and have plenty of walleye for dinner!
And to keep this thread on track, a J.D. mower is what I'm looking for. I just can't imagine you giving up any of those top shelf products if you plan on keeping a Kubota... :whistle: :whistle:

Milwaukee

Gee thanks WF!!!! Come on down!!!! I have a couple old mowers you can get right now, I'd even pay you 2 dollars to haul em away.

I'll keep using the ZTR and Kubota for the time being though. :D

Hey since I am near to Ohio so what kind tractors you plan throw away?

Well for laser mower deck is most stupid thing because it sound danger than blade.

Well for john deer with yanmar. Well why they put 3 cylinders there instead 2 cylinder for save diesel fuel much.

Wannafish

Well for laser mower deck is most stupid thing because it sound danger than blade.

No, not at all. If the laser hits a rock it doesn't send the rock flying into windows or the back of you wifes head. Just make sure she is wearing those funny looking red glasses so it doesn't cause her permenant eye damages.

Well for john deer with yanmar. Well why they put 3 cylinders there instead 2 cylinder for save diesel fuel much.

3 operate more efficiently and more importantly, smoother. The power stroke is divided into 120 degree rotational segments instead of 180 degree rotational segments. Besides, if it was a two cyliner it would sound like a Harley! ;)

Mith

I did actually read about a concept laser mower for parklands. Problem was the laser could refract or something and escape the 'mower shroud' as it were, and zap people nearby. :eek:
Interesting idea though.....

Wannafish

I did actually read about a concept laser mower for parklands. Problem was the laser could refract or something and escape the 'mower shroud' as it were, and zap people nearby. :eek:
Interesting idea though.....

Ecological disaster to the bugs too - they could all go blind and/or get cut into many pieces...but only if it's a Kubota. That wouldn't happen if it was a John Deere with a Yanmar diesel in it.
:D