Bordercollie has been outed!

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Ha ha , Muleman, you let my secret out.. :tiphat: I have seen cows chase Kroger sacks
/bags blowing over the pasture just like that . haha. :) bordercollie

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Cows are funny at times. My beefers will charge a bear and run them out of the pasture in a hurry but don't mind deer or turkeys much at all. They will run a big dog out and ignore the cats as well.

kobe

I have been catching up on the forum tonight and happened to see the way bordercollie rounds up her cattle. Good one muleman~~~I'm still laughing~~~~~Kobe

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Kobe, great to hear from you . :) .
I really do need one of those remote car things, ya'll ! One of those birthday helium balloons drifted low across the pasture bopping on the grass last week and those new mama cows went to protection mode. Neck up, head high and then down a nd snorting... I about felt bad for that balloon. LOL .. collie

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Ha ha , Muleman, you let my secret out.. :tiphat: I have seen cows chase Kroger sacks
/bags blowing over the pasture just like that . haha. :) bordercollie

Plastic bags can smell sweet to a cow. When they eat them the indigestion can kill them. BTDT when the neighbors let their trash can sit out without a lid in a high wind.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
My b-i-l's family has had cows since 1935 and have seen many sad things such as that when cows get into them. During a drought seen heatstroke too,,, When the b-i-l wasn't doctoring people in town, he worked with the cows and still does now that he is mostly retired. He's big into genetics and selecting proper sires to ai our herd with. Now we're doing embryo transfers to get new genetics in our herd without having new cattle brought into our closed diesase free herd. We keep eyes out for bags and deadly weeds as well. No wire put on the ground when working on fences neither.
Muleman was always joking and teasing and we all went with the flow because he was a good man and yet dying of cancer - just still being jolly because he knew he had nothing to fear of what was coming .. We had a good conversation when he was in the hospital last . He was always finding good and funny things to lighten the day .

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
My b-i-l's family has had cows since 1935 and have seen many sad things such as that when cows get into them. During a drought seen heatstroke too,,, When the b-i-l wasn't doctoring people in town, he worked with the cows and still does now that he is mostly retired. He's big into genetics and selecting proper sires to ai our herd with. Now we're doing embryo transfers to get new genetics in our herd without having new cattle brought into our closed diesase free herd. We keep eyes out for bags and deadly weeds as well. No wire put on the ground when working on fences neither.
Muleman was always joking and teasing and we all went with the flow because he was a good man and yet dying of cancer - just still being jolly because he knew he had nothing to fear of what was coming .. We had a good conversation when he was in the hospital last . He was always finding good and funny things to lighten the day .
Right BC, he sure was a character. Sadly missed for sure. :(