x1100c Fuel tank gauge

I just ran out of fuel and 2 bars are showing? I wouldn't consider 2 bars as empty. Anyone else have a bad gauge?

Left me half mile from the house bring ewe lambs in which had to be loaded this morning by 9. I got it done but I ended up doing a lot of it on foot!

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
fuel gauge

Thanks for the heads up on fuel gauge. Mine is on two bars right now on first tank of fuel so I wont go far till I see how it is going to act. Would hate to be off down on creek and have to walk back to get fuel. Will let you know what happens. :thankyou2:

King

Will be interesting to see if this show up on some other machines mine on the older model has been pretty accurate can run down to empty with out worrying.

I went and got my book! There is a symbol for gas just below the gauge bars and next the coolant temperature. But it doesn't light, or didn't light and there is no indication in the manual that it will light. Just like the seat belt indicator doesn't indicate anything and neither does the headlight indicator. Neither of those light either.

Of course in that bottom row is also the 4 wheel drive indicator and that does light when it's engaged.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't have one of the new machines so I had to pull up a pic.
So, are all 15 of those indicators idiot lights or are some just decals?

0613_X1120D_Digital-Meter_5.jpg

they all look as though they should light, but not all of mine do.

starting on the left, is a turn signal (I don't have that), next is a seat belt indicator. Doesn't light on my machine whether it is attached or not. Battery, lights when you turn the key, brake, is suppose to light (I hope never to see it). Head lights does not turn on whether they are on or not. Gas pump, no light, next two are coolant and oil and I assume they would light if there was a problem. PTO indicator, not available on my machine. 4 wheel drive indicator, lights when 4 wheel drive is engaged. Flashers not available on my machine. Parking break, lights when parking break engages, engine light, lights when first starting. Glow plug lights when held in glow plug position. Right turn signal not available on my machine.

Interestingly most equipment I have ever dealt with all indicators light in either a test mode or when you initial start the machine. That way you know whether a bulb is blown.

King

That doesn't sound right I think all those should light except the ones you machine does not come with like pto and turn signals. If it still under warranty I would have the dealer check it out.

rapracing

The light in the bottom line under the display that looks like a gas pump lights up when mine gets to no indicators.

thanks guys! Maybe because mine was still showing 2 bars the light didn't come on. Definitely a bad gauge or misplaced gauge in the tank. I will have the dealer check it out at the 200 hour service. Just did the 150.

doublejack

We, too, have run out of fuel with two bars showing on a 2014 X1100. What's puzzling is that in the past on the same machine we have run it down to where the "Low Fuel" warning light came on, so when the machine stopped with two bars on the gauge, we never considered that we were out of fuel. This is a machine with 50 hours on it. We called the dealer and they suggested we change out the fuel filter, which we did, but that didn't solve the problem. Adding fuel took care of it. Don't understand what is going on here. Dealer is no help.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't have one of the newer RTV's but my old machines fuel gauge was on the fritz last year. I just made it a point to fill the tank every 10 hours on the meter. Never ran out of gas. RTV500's don't (or didn't) have fuel gauges so that was a good technique on that machine as well.

with at least 5 machines other then the kubota with hour meters I am not going to remember 10 hours! Heck, I can't tell you right now the hours on the skidloader and I drove it for a few hours today.

Mark.Sibole

With all of the room there is on the machine and in the front compartment i always keep a 2 liter bottle of diesel in there for the just in case thing.There are times I take off to run bait piles and dont pay attention to the fuel gauge.At the first sign of a sputter i turn the key off and add the fuel in so i dont have to re bleed the fuel lines.Diesel keeps in a standard 2 liter pop bottle just fine and the extra fuel is always nice to have in an emergency.
Just my 2 cents worth