BX drive shaft boot or trans fan replacemnet

Art454

BX 2350 drive shaft boot from engine to trans rotted off....also some can damage the trans plastic fan if a stick or whatever gets stuck up under there and rips it apart.
The e fix is to take most everthing off....the rops....fender.....foot panel...engine cover.....then remove engine with the radiator still hook up just to move the engine ahead a few inches to take driveshaft off.
Anybody try this yet or a easyer way.....if you google it they have pictures of doing it.....talk about a pain in the azz.

Art

Art454

Does anybody make a boot you can replace on the driveshaft both front and rear without all the hassel of taking the whole tractor apart.
A 2 piece would be the ideal fix here. Let me know if anybody makes one for this problem yet.

Thanks.....Art

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
Art,

From what I've seen and know, NO, no one makes a two piece boot.

Saw this issue on another site and the procedure was to remove and replace.

Big job for such a small item.

Most fabricate and install shields to help protect the plastic fan.

Get out the wrenches.

Art454

LOL...Ya was why I was hoping they make something.
A mechanic at the Kubota dealer said just to run it and oil it once in awhile till it started to make noise.....said it might take years before the bearings go out and not that expense so my as well wait since it is so time consuming. Been like this for 2 years now. Really bad design there imo.

Art

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
Sometimes we know what the solution is, "the long way", but we just need to hear it from someone other than ourselves.

Art454

When I fix it and it will be modified. That plastic fender were the hump is under the fan well be cut out and hinged so next time u can just remove that to get to the bolt and fan. No taking the rops off and fender. Just the foot rest engine shroud and engine.....might even find a shortcut there when I get into it if the bearing ever goes bad. Spline shaft there would have fixed this mess with u joints or flanged plates before the joint.

Anything that makes me mad is bad Engineering jobs.

Make them try to fix things they come up and that would stop this sorta crap.

I was a tool and die maker and first thing I thought about how easy is it gona be to fix after its together.

Art

SpudHauler

Site Supporter
Two piece fan would be nice.

Would make for easier replacements of something so fragile.

Manufacturers have a "never need fixing" attitude, so they make it impossible to fix anything without total disassemble. Just look at cars/snowmobiles/bikes you name it they are all the same.

Art454

The 2350 is different from other models. The fuel line is also on top of the tranny above the fan and tranny and plastic fender. The only year I believe they used that plastic fender.