Kubota L4710 shuts down when stressed

Atlantaviking

When I use my L4701 tractor, it runs fine for awhile, then when straining, it just shuts down. Not overheating, gauge says it is fine. Also, I have been unable to get DPF to regenerate. I am wondering if the DPF is causing it to shut down under heavy load? Any ideas?

Atlantaviking

No, goes from running fine to acting as if I locked the brakes up with straining. As if I went from driving on flat ground to straight up hill with heavy load

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Interesting problem. What do you do to get it running normal again? Does it fix it every time ...or a little bit? How long does it run normal before the issue?

Atlantaviking

Most of the time, it simply cranks again, seems a little harder to crank though. It then seems to run fine for a mother short period 10-20 minutes, based on home much strain

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I guess it could be a sensor ...but trying to get it clear, you said driving on level groud it could act like it was under strain when you were just driving along, right ...or does it do it when it is under strain? Or maybe both.
If under strain it would make a difference vs doing it sporadically.

Atlantaviking

It will do it after running for 15-20 minutes. It can be initiated by either. It usually seems to happen when after running for a period, under a strain, it just strains until off. Yesterday was the first time I was just driving along and it went from running fine to strained to choked out. I am heading out there in a few minutes to try it and see if it cranks. Will get to a covered area and start disassembling to see if I find a sensor either disconnected or broken. Not sure what I am looking at though.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
So it happens after heated up. hmmmmm Wish I had an idea but I'm drawing a blank. Hoping you find a bad sensor. These sporadic type of problems are the hardest to diagnose. Good luck.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
could this be caused by a parasitic load greater than the engine can handle? is it a hydrostat? could there be a relief valve malfunctioning essentially locking the transmission?