Any one else having this problem?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Massey1

I just bought a new Massey 1740M and it will not steer when sitting still and gets worse when you have weight in the bucket. It’s been at the dealers Since I got it. They changed the steering pump and it still the same. I’m unable to get in and out of tight places. The dealer said it is operating within specs and noting they can do about it. I’ve owned Massey before and never had an issue. Anyone else having this issue and what is the fix? I’ve attached a video. Thanks. Rod

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum. Wish it was under better circumstances.
This is a brand new tractor? If so, this should be a dealer issue. I'd be talking to the sales & service managers. Could the issue be duplicated when you had it at the dealership?

There's no video attached. Does it make any unusual noises or is there jitter in the steering wheel when you try to turn?
I don't have a MF but my Deere doesn't like to do much in the steering department until it warms up in the cold.

Wondering if you may have air in the lines. I'd closely inspect all hydraulics lines (be extremely careful when inspecting while engine running). Do you see any leaks anywhere? If you lift the front of the tractor off the ground using the bucket, how does the steering seem (with the front tires off the ground)?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Moderator note: This shouldn't have a poll attached to it. Jim or Doc - Do you recall how to remove the poll or do we just let it expire in 10 days?

Massey1

Yes it’s a brand new tractor. Dealer took it back and changed the steering pump and it’s still does the same thing. Dealer says it operating within specs. No leaks. When you lift the front tires off the ground it works correctly- turns stop to stop. When sitting still the front wheels will move about 2 inches from center and stops. Steering wheel stops and unable to turn it anymore. No Strange hydraulic sounds. I think I got the videos to upload. Thanks

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
When sitting still the front wheels will move about 2 inches from center and stops. Steering wheel stops and unable to turn it anymore.
If you can show/prove this at the dealership, I still say it's their problem to resolve. If they say that can't do anything, go over their heads in the MF corporate ladder. This is a serious safety issue as you can't trust your steering to work.

BTW - still no video in this thread.