Kubota B3350 Quit, now won't turn over

dtreid

Kubota B3350 550hrs
Was mowing while the regen light was on.

Without warning the tractor shut off.

The engine warning indicator is on constantly now, and the regen light is flashing, but it will still not even turn over.

I jumpered the starter and can get it to turn over, but it will not fire.

Where do I go from here?

dtreid

After it cooled down for awhile it did restart. The regen light was on solid, so I left it at full throttle for 30min or so and it completed the cycle.
I'm wondering that because I was working it pretty hard mowing while it was regening that it overheated the dpf and shut down?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What is the regen light for? That's a new one to me.
Glad you seem to have gotten past the issue. :thumb:

dtreid

When the regen light is on it means that it's trying to burn the carbon out of the particulate filter. If it fails to do this the machine eventually won't start.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Is that due to emissions control? I have a 2002 Grand L 3010 with no digital dash ..all analog and I kinda like it. :D

man00

Those B3350 from what I heard over the years seem to have a dark history but used prices doesn't seem to reflect this.

dtreid

I think I worked it too hard while it was trying to regen, leading to overheating the dpf, causing a shutdown until things cooled off.

Grover C

With all the trouble with this tractor I think Kubota would come with a fix. The new model LX 3350 is to have this problem fixed would you not think there could be a conversion?