' Tractor Sheds '

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good pics Brian. :thumb: Man, you got some stuff. :D I can relate. I got to much stuff. :D
So you still have the bunker?
How do you get the steel and stuff across the creek to the 10 x 50 building? I'm guessing you can load up the FEL and drive your tractor across ....otherwise you'd have to build a bridge. Does water rise very far out of the creek bed?
Beautiful lawn / landscaping you have there. :thumb: :D

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
OK, I take it all back Zoomer. You have a lot more stuff to store than I do ... but I'm working on it. :)

Beautiful, beautiful place by the way. :respect:

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Very perty place You have bczoom , Thanks for the Pics , I really like that last pic . :respect: . Bob

B

bczoom

Thanks for the compliments.

Good pics Brian. :thumb: Man, you got some stuff. :D I can relate. I got to much stuff. :D
So you still have the bunker?
How do you get the steel and stuff across the creek to the 10 x 50 building? I'm guessing you can load up the FEL and drive your tractor across ....otherwise you'd have to build a bridge. Does water rise very far out of the creek bed?
Beautiful lawn / landscaping you have there. :thumb: :D

To qualify/quantify some of the "stuff" I have, there's a few pertinent things.
- If I see a project on my horizon (within a couple years), I'll start watching prices and get the needed materials at their lowest pricing beforehand. If I started putting circles and arrows on those pictures, I can point out a lot of items that are sitting there waiting for me to get the project going. I buy fertilizer "off-season" for best pricing. Lumber always seems to be needed so I keep a cache of that around as well. I have enough supplies to keep me occupied for quite awhile.
- In the past couple years, I've inherited 2 peoples/households shop/outdoor things. That adds up... I need to do some sorting, merging.
- Kids "stuff" takes up a lot of space. When they were little, all their toys were indoors. Now that they're older... It takes a garage just for their "stuff" (ATV's, bicycles, scooters, sports equipment, toy boxes, helmets, zipline equipment, Tonkas...)

My Friends/Neighbors call my place "Brian Depot" since 95 times out of 100, I'll have what they need.

As for the creek, it can be driven across by ATV, UTV or tractor. Each can also have a trailer in tow depending on the load.

Most of the time, the water stays within the banks during a heavy rain. There have been times when it's risen way over the banks. I'll see if I can find some pics of it running high and post them.

J

jeepfreak4x4

I'm hoping this finally worked - but here is my "Shed"

Attachments

• Day_13ca.JPG
    Day_13ca.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 470

x595

bczoom , all I can say is WOW :eek: !!!

You have alot of nice stuff , looks like a warehouse (I mean that in a good way) , do you keep an inventory ??? :biggrin:

I like your property , how many acres do you have and how much do you have in trails ???

Is your Tractor a JD 790 ???

Thanks for sharing all those pictures ...

jeepfreak4x4 , nice Shed , what size is it and what do you keep in it ??? Maybe you could post pictures of the inside ...

Later,x595

B

bczoom

Thanks x585

I don't keep a written inventory but do take a series of pictures from time to time for reference should something happen (insurance reasons).

I have a tad over 10 acres. (360 frontage by about 1200' deep). 8 or so of the acres are woods and there are trails throughout. I'll see if I can grab the aerial view from google. They took the pictures in the fall and you can actually see all the trails cut into the hill.

The tractor is the 790's little brother, the 770. When I was cutting the trails, I needed something small and low to the ground. The 790 was too tall.

J

jeepfreak4x4

Thanks x595 -
Right now there is nothing inside. I have to finish my electrical work (which involves a 125' trench 16" deep). But as for size, it is only 16x24 on a slab. Finished walls inside and fully insulated. I built the entire thing including the exterior paint and trim work in 13 days. Best summer vacation I ever took. And other than my wife helping me set the trusses, I did it all solo.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That is impressive JF. Nice shed plus to get er done that quickly by yourself. WOW. Is there a garage door on the far end? I see the double doors but didn't figure your tractor would fit through those.
It took me awhile to get electric to my pole barn but I finally got er done. Sure is nice to have power out there.
How soon do you plan to start getting your stuff into your new shed?

J

jeepfreak4x4

The wall is studded for a roll up door, but it started out as a building for my wife's business. I had the fore-thought to build the wall the way it would need to be, and I can knock out the existing end, and install the rollup in no time at all. She is too back and forth w/ her plans, but she has until March to decide if she is moving her stuff in, or if I get to take full control. :shitHitsFan:
I have aquired 18 6x6x10 PT posts that would make a great start to an equipment shed so if she takes over the spot, I have plans (they dont include a concrete slab and insulation) but time will tell.

Ironically I wired it w/ 220, and my garage doesn't even have a connection. When I run my buddy's welder, I have to use the dryer connection in the house. Trust me - that never goes over well on a Saturday either...

I think I may rent a trencher this Saturday and run the trench at least. I have plans to put a water line to the shed, and far end of where my garden will be so if I can get my act together, I will get a ton done w/ one little machine and 4hrs of time :wink:

We shall see - I love a work in progress. I

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ahhh, that makes sense. Good luck with the outcome of this building or building you a 2nd shed / pole barn. You can never have to many of them. :D
Agreed on the trencher, those puppies can get a lot done in a little time. I used to get the one day rate but pick it up on Saturday and not have to return it until Monday morning. :thumb:
Good luck with the weekend work. Hope the weather cooperates.

B

bczoom

When you run the line for electric, don't forget to run water, telephone, cable and internet. It may be awhile before you want/need them but eventually, you will appreciate you did so.

Kanook

Steel Barn

Here's where I store my toys...er I mean machines..All steel except for the front wall. Measure 20x28. Insulation package goes in this spring. I wanted to wait a while before putting in the insulation so that I ca n tighten any of the 3000+ nuts and bolts that hold it together that may need re-torqing. Thanks go to DeWalt. Milwaulkie, Makita for their helping hand:wink:

Attachments

• barn1.JPG
    barn1.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 334
  • barn2.JPG
    barn2.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 339

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks good Kanook! :thumb:

Do you have to put your ROPS down before you go in there? Looks like it might be tight.

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Brand new ........ starting the interior work as soon as the weather breaks ......... :yum:

Attachments

• 100_1358.JPG
    100_1358.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 332

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
And a fast job. :eek: Seems like that went up quick. Looks GREAT!!!! Congrats Big Guy!!!!!!

Kanook

Looks good Kanook! :thumb:

Do you have to put your ROPS down before you go in there? Looks like it might be tight.

The building is 12' at the peak and the entry openining is 8 high by 10 wide. The tallest machine that is housed is 7' 11" so rops fits. Just got to remember to remove the flashing beacon from the roof or it gets knocked off if the overhead door isn't all the way up.:pat: