Nearing time to replace drive shaft's bearing

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Everyone . It has been hectic here on the farm.This is the time of year we A.I. our registered herd. Anyway, I am soon approaching the driveshaft and it's bearing replacement time. I have squirted some oil on the bearing to get me by another week or so but it has begun to squeal when it gets dry.I have done this replacement before at 1600 hrsor so , so the basic replacement is easy but since I will have the whole thing dropped down, I would like to do the "fix" on it. Has anyone tried this? This is the site that suggests how to do this. There are some great pictures of theof the 'fix' here..................http://www.cornejo.net/rtv900/DriveShaftRattleFix.htm................................... I would like to do this once and for all.I was just hoping for an opinion on this before I did it. It won't be long before I begin spraying with the RTV and I wantit ready for a good workout. This would be a good site to bookmark incase you ever needed to replace the assembly on your unit. 2443 hrs...Thanks Bordercollie</p>

rgm

bordercollie,</p>

I have about 40 hours on mine since I followed those directions to 'fix' the front drive shaft ratle. All of the hours have been in 4 wheel drive, mostlyplowing snow. No rattles or problems so far, glad I did it.</p>

Rich</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the reply RGM. I always appreciate any help and comments. I am ready to start on this when it warms up some and work slows down. {hopefully within two weeks} Bordercollie</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That sounds great Coobie. I am pleased to know that all is well. I have my new shaft and bearing which I ordered from Messicks back in November, I am a pack rat so I have all what I need to finish the job. Thanks for replying. Bordercollie</p>