Huh?

Giterdone

HooBoy! :pat:Don't know what I did to deserve this but I just get the tractor back up and running yesterday and now I'm out of commission for a while. Pulled something in my shoulder swapping the post hole auger over for the scraper blade. Didn't feel a thing all afternoon then all of a sudden about 9 pm while sitting by the fire. Bam! :eek:Can't move my arm and incredible pain worthy of tears. So stuck in front of the TV today unable to move. Well gotta stop this typing too. Later.

shvl73

Can't move my arm and incredible pain worthy of tears.
When my hot tub was running, it was excellent therapy for sore muscles. Soak for 30+ minutes with 2 tylenol extra strength and 2 beers. Repeat as needed.
I hope you feel better.

Giterdone

Been there and done that, those post hole augers will kick your butt if allowed to. Do you stand yours on the ground or hang it from something?

Hope you get better soon!

I chain it to a tree but sometimes it still puts up a struggle.

And SHVL73. That sounds like great advice but the hot tubs down so I opted for my lounger in the sun, a Percacet:wave: and a wee snifter of Scotchie :alc:on the rocks. Feeling a little better now.:brows:

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Do you stand yours on the ground or hang it from something?

If I'd clean out my building I could store it in there. But currently it's in the garage. I partially disassemble mine into 3 pieces. The auger comes off first. Then the arch and boom gets separated. The arch comes off then the boom with gear box. They just lay off to the side until I need it next. Takes less than 10 minutes to assemble or disassemble. It makes it a manageable thing for me.

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
and a wee snifter of Scotchie :alc:on the rocks. Feeling a little better now.:brows:

That usually works for me.

Got all my chores done this morning and afternoon and got everything ready for family supper at 6:30.

My wife's mom comes from a family of six and they always got together for supper on the last Sunday of the month. Since they each took turns, it meant that your turn to host it came round twice a year. Since most of her aunts and uncles have passed on, their kids ( wife's cousins) have taken over the tradition. We took over her uncle's slot and hold it at our place in May and November. We had 20 people for supper. Sometimes there's more and sometimes less. It just depends who is in town and available at the time. It can get up to 40 or 50 when all the kids, grandkids and girl/boy friends come home for Christmas. Usually everybody brings a dish of some kind but since we were bbqing, they all brought fixings, sides and desserts. After everybody had overeaten, we sat around outside on the back deck and talked until dark o'clock and then some. We had a good time ... good food, good company and a few adult beverages make for a very pleasant evening.

This past week has been very, very busy so I think that I'm going to goof off tomorrow. I'll get up a little late and then take my coffee outside and listen to the birds for a while. I'll take the dogs for a stroll. All three of us are too old to go running around much these days so we'll just go for a little leisurely wander. I have a Rotary Club meeting at noon and then I'll either go over to the farm and fish all afternoon or go to the gun club and burn up some of that cheap Walmart ammo I bought on Saturday. It's late and I'm tired so I'll wrestle with that dilemma over coffee in the morning.

Life is tough. Bring it on.