gonna be in the news paper "AGAIN"

Onfoot

Mothballs and snakes? Whoda guessed? Up here folks in the bush use mothballs to keep bears out of their camp. Rumour has it that bears also don't like mothballs. Personally, I will not be without my bearspray.</p>

[quote user="Onfoot"]Rumour has it that bears also don't like mothballs.[/quote]</p>

Seems that I have something in common with bears and snakes. Some of lads locally who own cars that only see the road in summer and in the sunshine (not this year), put mothballs in the trunk, under hood etc before winter storage to keep the critters out. Also keeps admirers at a safe distance once the vehicular treasure awakes in the spring. Phew!</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
no no problem with them throwing the rocks.i had a buddy who drove trucks and he got me a deal on the limestone kinda you take care of me i take care of you deal and i got what was left in the truck i gotta get intouch with him again so i can get another load .</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
When my boys were young. They would have had a blast in your yard Tommy !!! Period. Them twocould throw some things. Being you have much pretty rocks and bricks. They for sure would haveinjured a neighbor or neighbors dog, cat ~~~ ( just kiddin' ) But, like all boys, they could throw some rocks. When I seen them pictures of them pretty rocks and things layingout , the first thing that hit my mind was." Boy,glad the boys didn't see them things" ....... We would go into the cottonfields, and my God, watch out cotton bolls, theywould pick a hand full of them things and acrow, turtle, frog, and anyvarment that moved, was fair game. And they where good, let me tell you !!!!! You thought they were taught how to use them projectiles in the Medieval Times >>>> </p>

Funny how small our would is... after meetingTommy on this forum, and getting him to fabricate some RTV accessories for us. One day, about a year ago,found out that one of our close friends son was Tommys neighbor. Knew him, but didn't know he lived next to Tommy. It's a long story but anyway, Tommy's neighbor Jim, said that Tommy really had his place looking really nice down there. Said that there was much hard work that was put into his yard !!!! Tommy, my hat goes off to you my coonass friend !!!! Keep up the good work !!!!</p>

.......... two guns ~!!!</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
thanks twoguns!! them rocks are pretty dangerous for little dogs . i didn't have them balanced one time and one fell on my chihuahua and man it like to killed her. after that happened i make sure they are all fitted nicley into their grooves.it's really like walkin or sitting in a tropical forest there are diferent flowers that bloom all year long and i'm plannin on putting in a 8' high water fall this summer if everything goes as planned.</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Well, that garden looks very peaceful and comforting. You have a vacation land right there in your yard. That is a beautiful Canna too. Congrats on the recognition,,, You deserve it!! Bordercollie</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
ok bordercollie you got me trying to figure it out but i can't so whats a canna?lol</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i found out what they is thanks. i have some redones and some yellow ones but the yellow ones don't like to bloom all the time. there is also another plant that just started growing by my back ditch i'll post a picture of it when it blooms maybe be you help me out on that one too. it makes a wierd little red/yellow flower and the leaves look just like the canna.</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Peanut, It is that big red flower with banana looking leaves. They grow tall and look jungle like. Very nice and southern looking. Bordercollie</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
i lookedthe name up and sure enough that's what it is . the funny thing about all my plants are i just grab them up when i see them in the dump and i never know what they gonna turn out tobe. just like them mexican heather plants i had found like 9 of them in pots so i took them home and walla they started makin pertty little purple flowers. some of the plants in my yard are refugees from rita whenshe broke the levee in chauvin the plants went under salt water rof about 2 weeks i managed to nurse all of them back to life and they are doing great now.i'm gonna take pictures of my plants seperate to see how many diferent flower i have .my rose garden looks like crap though but i do get some nice roses out of it.lol</p>