Somthing to try

G

<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">I have not had an opportunity to give this a shot but I wonder how it would work. There is a damper above the transmission that slows the return of the pedal. I wonder how the RTV would drive with this unhooked. There is a pin that should make it very easy to pop off and try. If this works well, it could give those with the new style pedal a way to try it withthe fast return. Anyone want to volunteer?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p></span></p>

G

<p class="MsoNormal" style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><span style="FONT-SIZE: 9.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">I have not had an opportunity to give this a shot but I wonder how it would work. There is a damper above the transmission that slows the return of the pedal. I wonder how the RTV would drive with this unhooked. There is a pin that should make it very easy to pop off and try. If this works well, it could give those with the new style pedal a way to try it withthe fast return. Anyone want to volunteer?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p></span></p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Neil

I'm not near the machine to look at it but I'm assuming you're referring to the damper with the black rubber boot over it.
If it was disconnected, I have an initial feeling it wouldn't be good. The RTV may stop so quickly that it would effectively lock up the tires. Make sure the seatbelt is on. With the original linkage that came on the earlier models, I could lock up the tires pretty easily with the damper still installed.
There are several springs, dampeners... attached to that linkage. If the wrong one is removed, the thing may not stop at all.
I'll take a look next time I'm at the machine.
BTW - I've given the new speed kit a try for a week or so now. I'm going to give it a little more time but I think I'll be reverting to the old one. I don't think I like how the new one acts when in M or H range and you have some speed. It seems to take it's time getting to lower speeds but there's still that abruptness when it gets to a certain point. I used to be able to control it but now, it's hard to know when it's going to happen. I've also found that it is harder to shift (but if you wait about 5-10 seconds, it'll find neutral) and it seems to have taken a couple miles an hour off the top end of the RTV.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Neil

I'm not near the machine to look at it but I'm assuming you're referring to the damper with the black rubber boot over it.
If it was disconnected, I have an initial feeling it wouldn't be good. The RTV may stop so quickly that it would effectively lock up the tires. Make sure the seatbelt is on. With the original linkage that came on the earlier models, I could lock up the tires pretty easily with the damper still installed.
There are several springs, dampeners... attached to that linkage. If the wrong one is removed, the thing may not stop at all.
I'll take a look next time I'm at the machine.
BTW - I've given the new speed kit a try for a week or so now. I'm going to give it a little more time but I think I'll be reverting to the old one. I don't think I like how the new one acts when in M or H range and you have some speed. It seems to take it's time getting to lower speeds but there's still that abruptness when it gets to a certain point. I used to be able to control it but now, it's hard to know when it's going to happen. I've also found that it is harder to shift (but if you wait about 5-10 seconds, it'll find neutral) and it seems to have taken a couple miles an hour off the top end of the RTV.

G

Yea, my gut is saying that the old way maybe better. I think the newer way is good for demo's because it is easier to drive, but once you know the pedal I think the old is superior. Thats why I was curious about removing that damper. Yea, its the one with the rubber shroud I was wondering about. One of our mechanics unhooked it and worked the pedal and it looked like it would work like that.It snapped back pretty fast, I could not tell ifit would be too much. Unfortuantlyhe did not try to drive it like that.

Could besomthing to try sometime.. Glad tohear you can still shift okay,I nevertook the 5-10 seconds tolet it rest before shifting. I'll have to try that.

G

Yea, my gut is saying that the old way maybe better. I think the newer way is good for demo's because it is easier to drive, but once you know the pedal I think the old is superior. Thats why I was curious about removing that damper. Yea, its the one with the rubber shroud I was wondering about. One of our mechanics unhooked it and worked the pedal and it looked like it would work like that.It snapped back pretty fast, I could not tell ifit would be too much. Unfortuantlyhe did not try to drive it like that.

Could besomthing to try sometime.. Glad tohear you can still shift okay,I nevertook the 5-10 seconds tolet it rest before shifting. I'll have to try that.