Rear hydraulics question

JimR

I have a 1995 Cub Cadet 7275. My tractor currently has a set of rear hydraulic lines for attachments like a woodsplitter etc. There is no valve with these lines except for the switchover lever from the 3 Pt hitch. Whatever piston type attachments you use would require a dedicated valve to operate the attachment that you want to run unless it is a hydraulic motor of some sort. You can use either the 3Pt Hitch or the rear hydrauilcs, but not both at the same time. I recently bought a used Harley Rake that has a hydraulic piston for lowering and lifting the tines. How can I go about adding in another set of permanant LIVE hydraulics in the rear. I know that I will need to have a valve back there to operate the piston and allow a return route for the hydraulic fluid. At the same time I may as well add in another valve to operate a soon to be installed piston for one side of the 3 PT hitch setup to be used for titling attachments on the 3Pt hitch. I realize that the new valves need to be tractor mounted for this to work properly. I was thinking of tying it in on the return bypass line from the loader control valve. Could I also tie it in on the return side of the 3 Pt hitch hydraulics? The lines back there are small compared the the loader lines. Your thoughts and experience on doing this would be greatly appreciated. TIA, Jim R.

Mith

Jim, late I know, but I only just saw this post.....

If your loader valve has power beyond port you would be best to run a line from that to provide the pressure to a valve block installed on the back. The return from the valve block would have to go back into the reservoir, maybe T it into the return from the loader valve?

You wouldn't really want to plumb the pressure to the valve on the rear from any return lines, such as from the 3ph valve.

JimR

Jim, late I know, but I only just saw this post.....

If your loader valve has power beyond port you would be best to run a line from that to provide the pressure to a valve block installed on the back. The return from the valve block would have to go back into the reservoir, maybe T it into the return from the loader valve?

You wouldn't really want to plumb the pressure to the valve on the rear from any return lines, such as from the 3ph valve.

I ended up taking off the return line and running the tractor just about out of fluid by cycling the loader. The loader worked fine. I then pulled off the hydraulic block on the motor and made sure that was cleaned out. I put it all back together and it works just fine now. There must have been something inside the return line between the loader valve and the quick disconnect near the hydraulic block. I used the tractor yesterday to move 10 loads of dirt, 6 loads of wood, toppled 4 trees with it and cycled the loader through at least 30 complete cycles without a problem. I'm happy now. It may be that the return line is shedding on the inside.

Mith

Jim, I think you might have answered the wrong post? Your post doesn't really follow on?

JimR

Jim, I think you might have answered the wrong post? Your post doesn't really follow on?

Yup, you got that right. I'm losing my mind lately. I haven't gotten back to the rear hydraulic setup as of yet. There is a PB going from the FEL valve to the 3PT hitch bypass lever. I used my harley Rake on the tractor the other day using the bypass valve for the rear remotes. It worked fine for raising and lowering the tines on the rake.