Calendar questions

Will

Is the calendar feature a 'user only' or 'group' use ?

What I mean is, if I put in my mom's BD, does everybody see it or just me ?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I believe it is for group use and everyone would see it. Feel free to try it out and see for sure. Calendar is one option of VB that I have never played with at all. Should be interesting to find out.
Let all know when you post something there and we'll see if registered users can see it. I'm guessing admins and mods will be able to see it even if other registered users cannot.

jwstewar

Staff member
February 15. You are going to celebrate your birthday in 2008? You must be one of those old folks that stops celebrating their birthdays :)

jwstewar

Staff member
February 15. You are going to celebrate your birthday in 2008? You must be one of those old folks that stops celebrating their birthdays :)

That should have said "Are you going to celebrate your birthday in 2008?"

Dougster

Old Member
I believe it is for group use and everyone would see it. Feel free to try it out and see for sure. Calendar is one option of VB that I have never played with at all. Should be interesting to find out.
Let all know when you post something there and we'll see if registered users can see it. I'm guessing admins and mods will be able to see it even if other registered users cannot.
Can I enter November 8, 2007 as the date I won my infamous "flat tire" court case??? :D

Dougster

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Why sure you can Dougster ... but you have to tell us the story (I for one don't know it).

Dougster

Old Member
Why sure you can Dougster ... but you have to tell us the story (I for one don't know it).
Well Doc, to make a long story short, I am the only person in the known universe to get a citation and have designated as an "at fault motor vehicle accident" the mere act of getting a flat tire on my dump trailer. It happened the Saturday of the July 4th weekend when I decided to go around (rather than through) some town celebrations and road reconstruction work with a full load of loam. This meant taking the highway for about 5 miles, which I had done many times before... but not with a fully-loaded trailer.

Well, wouldn't you know it. After about a mile or so down the road, the trailer suddenly started feeling very funny. About 5 seconds later, a left rear trailer tire blew out on me... later discovered to have been caused by a nail. I started to slow down and drift from the slow lane into the breakdown lane when I suddenly see him: a state cop sitting in the breakdown lane just beyond a bridge abutment doing his radar thing. Bottom line here is that I needed to stay in the slow lane and go around the cop rather than risk pulling in behind and possibly hitting the cop. I did so... i.e., go past and pull in, but a second tire blew just as I crossed the rumble strip in front of him... simply due to the double weight overload on that remaining left side tire.

Well, the cop went totally bullstuff on me and used every cuss and swear word in the book. He claimed I almost hit him. I didn't, of course, but there was no way I was going to stop his mad cop tirade. He then makes a big deal of it... stopping highway traffic even though I was already in the breakdown lane... and makes me pull the trailer (with no tires on one side) way off the side of the road, thereby destroying the second (still undamaged) wheel. Along comes another state cop car and the second officer joins in on the fun. Eventually, he starts traffic moving again (what a showman!!!) and... 15 or so minutes later... hands me the complaint citation with the "at fault accident" noted... even though nothing but two tires and two wheels have actually been damaged. Other than that, not a speck of paint or anything else was even remotely damaged. He lets me go at this point and I go get two wheels off my other trailer. Less than 60 minutes later, I'm back delivering the loam again... 3 more loads that same day.

Since the "at fault accident" and "moving violation" would have absolutely crushed me on insurance, I decided immediately to fight it. On November 8th, I gathered up all my evidence... dozens of photos, vehicle documents, maps, overheads from Google Earth, calculations, printouts, etc, etc... and headed off to court. I clean up nice and went in there looking like a $1,000 an hour lawyer in my just-pressed suit. God was with me while I presented my evidence... and I won the case easily. I left court that day with a big smile on my face... still with a whistle clean driving record (no accidents, at fault or otherwise in 40+ years of driving... no citations since the early 80's I believe). My insurance will continue to be marginally affordable and life is generally good again! :)

That is the story of the flat tire court case! ;)

Dougster

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ahhhh. Good story. What an idiot cop. At least the court ruled on your side. These days nothing is for sure.
Congrats. Enter it on the calendar for sure. Both dates if you like (when it happened and when you won).

Dougster

Old Member
Ahhhh. Good story. What an idiot cop. At least the court ruled on your side. These days nothing is for sure.
Congrats. Enter it on the calendar for sure. Both dates if you like (when it happened and when you won).
Yeah, I was confident and very well prepared... some would say over-prepared... but there were no guarantees going in despite the fact that it was a seriously simple case. I'm grateful that common sense prevailed... and I am also glad that it's over now so I can concentrate on other, more pressing matters. :)

Dougster