New Holland T4050V

macgyver46

Hi everyone, I have a question that is apparently very hard to answer. I have a 2009 T4050V tractor. I need to know the gear ratio of my tractor to change tire sizes since its a 4 wheel drive. I have contacted 4 dealers and New Holland directly (they referred me to my local dealer) and none of them know the answer nor where to get it.
I did find a plate on the front differential that says "total ratio 16.809/1" but nothing on the rear differential and that number doesn't mean anything to me.

Can anyone help with this question?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum.

Out of curiosity, why are you going to change your tire size?

I'd suggest you get the sizes of your current front and rear tires and contact a place that sells tractor tires. Tell them your current sizes, what you want to change your rear tires to and they should be able to what size for the front to keep the ratio the same. I've used Miller tire http://www.millertire.com/ and they're very helpful.

macgyver46

4050v

Hi and thank you for the reply.
I bought this tractor to work inside my 4 house poultry farm and it currently has 28in rear tires on it and I need to lower it a little to fit under the water lines and feed lines when I'm cleaning them out.
As far as the dealership, they are no help. I have talked to 4 of them and they don't know. Everything I have read on the net says when changing tire size contact your dealer for your ratio and then use the formula to figure out which tire combination you can use but so far I haven't found one that knows or even knows where or how I could get the information.
I will give miller tire a call this week and maybe they can help. The tires on it now are stock so maybe they can use their size to figure something out.
I just can't figure out why the manufacturer don't know what gear ratio they use when they build their products.
Very frustrating.

Thanks again, Mac

macgyver46

rops

This tractor has a small cab. Safe t cab I believe it's called so I can't really do anything to make it shorter.
I'm going to call the few places today that you guys have mentioned and see what they can tell me.
Thanks for your help.