Here we go again!!!

Big D

Just wanted to let you guys know that steph and i found out were going to have another baby. Due sometime at the end of april 08. I couldnt be more excited!!!! The only problem is we live in an older house ,1920's, which means i have another room to get ready and that involves tearing out plaster and then insulating, drywalling and painting. That means less time on the tractor and more time in the house. Oh well, its all woth it when he/she gets here.:biggrin:

jwstewar

Staff member
Congrats Big D. There is nothing like the sights and sounds of a little one in the house. Mine are only 6 & 7 but I sometimes still miss "baby."

Good luck with the remodel project too bad about the seat time, but hey at least it will be winter time so you won't get a lot of that anyway.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats Big D. :thumb: Awesome.

We raised 3 (two girls and a boy) and I do miss a young un around the house, as mine are all grown. But there is hope, our oldest daughter just had our 1st grand baby 5 weeks ago. Kinda cool being a Grampa. :D

Good luck with the remodeling and getting ready for the new addition. Like Jim said, it will keep you busy during the winter months so you shouldn't miss too much seat time.

B

bczoom

Congrats Big D!!!!
Like others, I no longer have a baby. My youngest turns 6 in a few weeks.
Like Mith said, there's got to be a way to get that tractor into the room for some "remodeling"...

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Way to go........... !

I must be the scrooge in the bunch cause I can't wait to get my youngest outta the house, 4 more years (and the most expensive years)! I love little ones and like Doc wouldn't mind having one around now and then with the option of handing them back ..........:mrgreen: !

Best of health to Steph and the newbie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big D

Mith, The room i have to remodel is on the sencomd floor so im not sure how i can use the tractor but if there is a way ill find it.;)

Doc, I must say that now that you are a grandparent you have joined the darkside. Its your kids fault for giving you the title but it is your fault for what you do with it. If you are anything like my parents, apparently they used up all their no's on us as kids and they have no more left for my kids. But i guess if i can some day join the darkside as well ill know i have made it. Enjoy the little one.:mrgreen:

jwstewar and bczoom, i myself am not a huge fan of the baby stage. I love where dylan is at now ,2, by far the best stage so far. But i dont wish them to grow up faster because i know its going to happen way to fast.:smile:

Big Dog, the only responce i can give you is one that i heard , from a grandparent of course. The promise of grandkids is the only reason you dont kill your teenagers.:boxing:

B

bczoom

I love where dylan is at now ,2, by far the best stage so far. But i dont wish them to grow up faster because i know its going to happen way to fast.:smile:
Hmmm, I'm trying to think of the "best stage". As best as I can figure/recall, after 2 was better for me (but my son's nickname is/was Tarzan so we did go through "the terrible 2's").

BoneheadNW

My boys are 11 and 5. If there was ever a justification for a tractor, it would be to fill in the holes that they dig in the yard (outside the lawn, otherwise they know what will happen:bangin: )
Congratulations, but a word of warning: everything you learned from the previous child will either not apply or not work on the next one!
Bonehead

Mith

My boys are 11 and 5. If there was ever a justification for a tractor, it would be to fill in the holes

:D Bone, a when I was about 9 a friend and I dug a hole 4'x5' about 5' deep over several weeks. When I was 11 my parents had got so fed up with it that they hired me a mini digger to fill it in, and I spent the weekend happily making it bigger :lol: Eventually it got filled up with stones, and it is now but a memory, much to their relief I am sure :D

jwstewar

Staff member
Hmmm, I'm trying to think of the "best stage". As best as I can figure/recall, after 2 was better for me (but my son's nickname is/was Tarzan so we did go through "the terrible 2's").

Everyone talks about "the terrible 2's." For us it was the horrible 3's. Seemed like both were worse at 3 than they were at 2.

Congratulations, but a word of warning: everything you learned from the previous child will either not apply or not work on the next one!
Bonehead

Isn't that the truth. Nothing that worked with our daughter (now 7) worked with our son (now 6). It is amazing the differences in their personalities.

Mark777

Big D,

Don't know how I missed this...but happy belated congratulations to you and the Mrs.

Both my daughters are grown and moved away (one lives in Germany and is a nurse). It's still wonderful when we get together with the two grand kids on the holidays. Wishing you the best for now and the future.

Mark