zg227

Bobby Boyd

Looking to purchase a new (2011) zg227. Any info from owners on the zg227 would be appreciated. Also, I have heard but not confirmed that Kubota is going to offer a 3 year initial warranty period on purchases made in 2012.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
They are nice looking ZTR's.
Another member here just bought a Kubota ZTR and is thrilled with it. His is the diesel version.

Kubota never had a gas offering when I bought my ZTR. I bought a Scag Wildcat 27hp vtwin gasser 62" deck, and it has done a fantastic job for me. I've had it 6 years or so now. It was a few thousand less than the Kubota diesel ztr at that time.

Here is a pic of the two ZTR's.

Attachments

• zg222.jpg
    zg222.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 39
  • ScagWildcat.gif
    ScagWildcat.gif
    74.7 KB · Views: 39

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
:yum: Sorry the pics are such a different size. That was sure not intentional; just the pics I found on on da internet. :hide: :yum:

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I looked at a ZG227, a ZG327 and a ZD323. After talking to the mechanics at the dealership I went with the ZD323. Their thoughts were the durability of the Diesel, the size of the frame and the larger tires. They also said that they've seen more ZG's in for engine work than ZD's. But others have told me that they've had nothing but good luck with a ZG.

Of course the offsets were more weight and money.

Bobby Boyd

trying to decide

It has come down between scag and kubota. What about insurance for scag mowers. I know Kubota offers it but don't know about scag.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I am not familiar with insurance for the Scag or any mower.
Is that to insure that if it breaks down it is fixed for free, or is it some other type of insurance?

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Doc, it may be that if you take advantage of Kubota's 0% financing they insist that the machine is insured for the length of the finance period. At least that's what they did when I got my tractor and I suppose that it makes sense on their part. They were willing to have it covered under my homeowners policy but that meant that it wouldn't have been able to leave the house and that wouldn't have worked for me. I shopped around but ended up insuring it through Kubota. I'm not sure if Scag runs the same sort of deal.

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Sorry for the double post but to the original poster, my S-I-L has had the ZD 327 (I think) for about 18 months now and loves it, No problems with it at all. It's a mowing son-of-a-gun. Her only complaint is that during the drought this year, the blade tip speed is so high that it can get really dusty. Of course, she didn't water the yard so all she was mowing was weeds, ant hills and gopher mounds. :)

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Doc, it may be that if you take advantage of Kubota's 0% financing they insist that the machine is insured for the length of the finance period. At least that's what they did when I got my tractor and I suppose that it makes sense on their part. They were willing to have it covered under my homeowners policy but that meant that it wouldn't have been able to leave the house and that wouldn't have worked for me. I shopped around but ended up insuring it through Kubota. I'm not sure if Scag runs the same sort of deal.
Ahh yeah, I had the same type of insurance for my Kubota tractor. I never purchased it for the Scag, since all it does is mow.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
When I bought the ZG, of course Kubota wanted to sell me insurance too. Tol them my Homeowners would cover it at home and Auto would if I was towing. They faxed me a list of the coverage I needed for the loan to be approved. Well needless to say with the two combined I wasn't fully covered.
Here's what they wanted:
  • On & Off Property Protection
  • In-Transit Protection
  • Accidental Damage
  • Theft
  • Collision
  • Wind
  • Roll Over
  • Fire
  • Vandalism
  • Water Damage

I added a rider on my Homeowners to cover all of that for $50 a year. The Kubota KTAC insurance was about $60+ a year.