NTT member suffers house fire ....total loss

Mith

Jim, I'm very sorry to hear about your house. You are a stronger man than I to be thinking about rebuilding. I think I'd just walk away.
Hopefully the insurance will come through for you.

jwstewar

Staff member
Thanks Doc for posting this over here. Hadn't even thought about this one yet.

Mith,

Thanks for your condolences. It is kind of were, while the fire was still going on, I was working on disconnecting the power to the house so that I could turn it back on to the garage. I knew I would need power there to do things and to have lights to hopefully protect it from vandals & thieves. A few people asked my wife how I was able to stay composed well enough to be doing things like that and thinking that far ahead. To answer that, I don't know. Everyone always said not to panic, and as long as the four us were OK, we were going to be fine. That is what I've been going by for the last 4 days. So I was upset, but I gathered my thoughts pretty quickly and went about doing what needed to be done. If something would have happened to the family, I don't know what I would've done.

Again thanks for your thoughts and prayers everyone.

Mark777

Oh God Jim,

I somehow missed the thread entirely...and I don't know how to express my sympathies, thoughts and prayers well enough but thank heavens that you and your family escaped unhurt.

My families prayers go out to you and yours. Good luck on your newest endeavor.

Mark (and Teresa)