I need a HD gate opener

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
Not a lightweight gate opener, but a mamma jammer that will push/pull the gate open and closed with authority. I have one of those mighty mule wannabe's but it's been little better than junk. No offense to anyone who is happy with theirs, I'm just sayin that I want something with guts.

Anyone???

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
We have a set squerly. They work well except when the power is off... I will try and post a picture this evening.. but they are pricey. I think the gates are 500 lbs each. I was real happy when we got 'em because it was me that would have to get the old gate and drag it through the poison ivy then chain it to the tree when we went anywhere. bordercollie

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
We have a set squerly. They work well except when the power is off... I will try and post a picture this evening.. but they are pricey. I think the gates are 500 lbs each. I was real happy when we got 'em because it was me that would have to get the old gate and drag it through the poison ivy then chain it to the tree when we went anywhere. bordercollie
Thank you BC!

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Ok Squerly. Here ya go.. I asked the b i l and the gates weigh about 400 ea. We use to just have a cattle 6 panel gate with a long chain that locked on a tree trunk.... but got these when we sold some stuff. They have a clicker and an auto opener in the ground when a certain amount of metal weight gets over it on the house side. Then there is a key pad available as well. Main thing is the brand- it has given no trouble at all in 5 years. It looks like "Linear OSCO" is the brand . If you need more information just let me know. Our neighbor down the road has a smaller solar powered one which is probably more reasonable and I can try to find out more about it this week. His gates are shorter and weigh a lot less but are also wrought iron. bordercollie

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 279
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 281

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
Yep, they like em don't they? But I guess you get what you pay for, right? Wouldn't be shopping for another one now if I had bought a good one in the first place. Thanks BorderCollie.