Tree Spade

Wannafish

I bought a tree spade at an equipment auction yesterday. I know the dealer that had brought it to the auction, and they were asking $7K for it when it was on their lot. I got it for less than $4K so I'm hoping I did alright. I will try to get a couple pics when I pick it up today. Any suggestions on how to market the service of tree transplanting?

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
I'll be waiting on those pics...........congratz and have fun? Where ya live or going to be doing the tree service?

Wannafish

I'll be waiting on those pics...........congratz and have fun? Where ya live or going to be doing the tree service?

Thanks BD !
I live in Central Michigan and hope to get some work within a 75 mile radius. I have a truck and trailer I can use, but would just drive the tractor if it's within 20 miles.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Those things are cool. I'll also be looking forward to pics. Does it hook onto your tractor or what?

Lesco_2_OH

The mounting bracket is for a loader, but I plan to modify it to fit on the 3ph also.

Fred........The reason they mount on the loader end is to use the weight of the machine (IE hyd down pressure) to offset the digging force of the spades. If you go with a 3 point mount, you'll need a way to keep your lift arms from coming up while you're trying to dig, or else the spade will just push itself upward when you're digging in solid ground.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Tom, I made the mistake of calling Rick Fred. Fred is not his name, it really is Rick. My mistake so I'm trying to nip it in the bud before the new nickname (Fred) sticks. :hide2: