Could someone provide me a measurement of your dump cylinder

So before I spend money on this kit from Kubota, wanted to look and see if I can do an "upgraded" version of the dump bed. Upgraded means using an electric solenoid instead of the manual.

Was wondering if anyone would have the time to provide me 4 measurements

Cylinder length with or without the connecting point

Full extended length (I would ask for compressed but...)

Width of Cylinder

Width of shaft.

Thanks in advance...

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
So before I spend money on this kit from Kubota, wanted to look and see if I can do an "upgraded" version of the dump bed. Upgraded means using an electric solenoid instead of the manual.

Was wondering if anyone would have the time to provide me 4 measurements

Cylinder length with or without the connecting point

Full extended length (I would ask for compressed but...)

Width of Cylinder

Width of shaft.

Thanks in advance...

Hey, I owe you that! total length center of pin to center of pin looks like 26 1/2" extended but it is hard to get the tape in there. Extended shaft [stroke I guess] is 12" and shaft width is 7/8"

Hey, I owe you that! total length center of pin to center of pin looks like 26 1/2" extended but it is hard to get the tape in there. Extended shaft [stroke I guess] is 12" and shaft width is 7/8"

As I said, I own a fully hydraulic tractor and am familiar with the systems, but no expert.

So thank you Alasanassasin. It would also help if you had the diameter of the cylinder but I am going ot take an educated guess and say it is 1.25"

That all said then, when you run the hydraulic calculation you need a cylinder that can push 3500lbs minimum. Be it electric or Hydraulic. My gut tells me the suspension will collapse before the stock kubota hydraulic cylinder is taxed to the point of not being able to dump. Probably want 2500lbs lift minimum.

Here is website to play... http://www.baumhydraulics.com/calculators/cyl_calc.htm

Avanti. the day I bought the machine I have followed your thread. As noted, there are some heavy duty DC electric. A bit slow, but this is VERY high on my list. Need to explore a bit more on capabilities and costs but I found one system that looked good for $350.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Yes sir, Kubota orange. 2015. Love the thing for what I do.

I heard that! We have really enjoyed ours. I bought the cheaper of Kubota plows and it is kinda a pita to get out and adjust the plow manually, that said it seems like I only get to plow once or twice a year and mostly less than 6”.
Does it bother you at all that the wiper blade only covers the driver and there is no intermittent adjustment? Really though that’s about all I can find to complain about!

foxalaska

I heard that! We have really enjoyed ours. I bought the cheaper of Kubota plows and it is kinda a pita to get out and adjust the plow manually, that said it seems like I only get to plow once or twice a year and mostly less than 6”.
Does it bother you at all that the wiper blade only covers the driver and there is no intermittent adjustment? Really though that’s about all I can find to complain about!

The wiper is a pain. Constantly turning it on and off. Mama gets the short end of the stick as far as window coverage goes. She's a chronic "back seat driver" so the less she see's, the less she has to gripe about.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
The wiper is a pain. Constantly turning it on and off. Mama gets the short end of the stick as far as window coverage goes. She's a chronic "back seat driver" so the less she see's, the less she has to gripe about.

HA! Alright it is February in Alaska so that can explain the cabin fever! What are you guys up to 5 hrs of daylight?

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
About 6 hrs of sunlight and a couple hrs of civil twilight depending on cloud cover.

I dont miss that, but I do miss being able to ride atvs or snowmachines right from of the house. Up there you can ride the countryside with out ever loading it on a trailer.