overseeder

JWC3232

heres some pics of my homemade overseeder works very well seeded a few lawns this summer and they all came up well jim

Attachments

• TRACTOR PICS 043 (Small).jpg
    TRACTOR PICS 043 (Small).jpg
    64 KB · Views: 251
  • TRACTOR PICS 041 (Small).jpg
    TRACTOR PICS 041 (Small).jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 241

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice Job JWC. I could sure use one of those. :thumb:

Dumb question .... What is the difference between an overseeder and a seeder? :hide:

Carpetride

Interesting I have been looking around for something like that that I could put on a 3 point or could be pulled by my Ranger.

Did you already have the box or did you make it? If you made it how did you do the metering?

xlr82v2

Very nice!! I sure could use one of those!

Is the "rotor" under the hopper ground driven, or PTO driven where it actually digs into the soil? It's kind of hard to tell for sure from the photos, but it looks to be ground driven. And, I'm interested too in how you have built your metering setup.

Again, very nice!

N

Nicahawk

You must have a good supply of "surplus steel" and STUFF. Looks like it would work well. As others have asked, how did you figure out the meteting?
Nic

Mith

Jim, welcome to NTT.
Thats a good looking machine!
I keep thinking that I must overseed my lawn. I'd be interested in more details. It looks like the seeder is powered from the row of slitting spikes?

BTW, is that an Ingersoll in your profile picture? Nice machines.....

quincy

I have been procrasternating abouy building one of these for such a long time but never got round to building one. Yours looks really good jim. I too would like if you would share more technical detail about how the agitator and metering works? More photos would be great!!

thanks,

q

JWC3232

Overseeder

hy guys ive been gone to quebec for christmas just got back thats why i havent replied on the metering of the seed here goes the seed box
is a old walk behind drop seeder which was powerd by ground drive took the wheels off and chain drove that to the spike arerator bellow
with the 3ph on my case with down presure i can fource the arreator into the ground to the disired depth the roller then follows and presses the seed that has not fallen into the holes to the ground ive used this overseeder on aprox 10 lawns last year and they came up quite well it has been a real labour saver for me thanks for asking guys if you have any more questions fire away i buid most of my own equip jim