Wiring Diagram needed.

kbeen

Hello to all. new member here, I have a RTV 900 I am troubleshooting some electrical. does anyone have a wiring diagram that you would be able to email me ? thank you

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum.

Can you be more specific? What are you trying to troubleshoot?

kbeen

Well my fuel gauge is not working. I feel it is the gauge but I would like to check the wiring on it. I have already checked the ohms res. through the sender. I was wanting to see if the wire to the sender should have 12v. on it .

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
OK, cool. Happened to me too. I said the heck with it for awhile and decided to just add fuel at every 10-hour interval. Did that 2-3 times and then the gauge started working again?!?!?

Do a search in the forum for things like fuel gauge wiring as it's come up several times in the past. Here's the first link that came up.
http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15385

If you don't find the resolution, let us know and we'll get you figured out. ;)

kbeen

Ok bczoom. thank you very much for your time and help. This gauge has not worked any at all since we got the used RTV, have almost ran out of fuel several times so I thought it might be a good time to get the gauge working. thanks again.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Until you get your gauge working, consider the 10 hour on the meter rule. Every time the hour meter gets to an even 10 on the clock, add fuel. You won't run out.

kbeen

Hello bczoom. i have a new gauge ordered. should have by first of next week. will let you know if it takes care of the problem. I know the part # did change so maybe they have made some improvements on the design of the gauge. doesn't appear they have been lasting to long. thank you for your concern.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The old gauges were hit-or-miss on whether you got one that worked. There were several failures and most tended to fog up. Heck, the back light didn't even match the color of the speedo.

What year is your RTV?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
This is what messicks told me. year built between 2006 to 2009
That's quite a range. I can take the mystery out of it.
Behind your battery is the VIN plate. In the "Product Identification No.", count the number of characters.
Older RTV's had a 16 character VIN. The 9th character is the year.
Newer RTV's have a 17 character VIN. The 10th character is the year.

BTW, all vehicles "should" have a 17 character VIN. (Kubota goofed on the early models but fixed it).
The 10th character/digit is always the year. On your car, motorcycle, boat... It's all the same.
In the past, they had used letters but that got confusing so I don't think they do that anymore. It was confusing since you had to know the starting year for the alphabet and then they would skip letters like I and O because those looked like numbers so it was just a mess.

kbeen

OK. bczoom. I will check it and see. I thought that was a strange reply they gave me of 06 to 09. they should of had explained it like you just did. thanks again.