Kubota RTV 900 help needed

ovrszd

Mine actually loads the engine slightly more lowering the bed than lifting it. Not sure why they do that. Would take more oil to lift it.

But it doesn't "bog the engine down real bad".

What's odd about that is they are two completely separated hydraulic systems. No connection to the HVT rather than the bed pump being driven by a gear in the HVT system.

Now we are back to assuming there's a power problem with the engine. :(

dairybota

yes I agree, there is a lack of power on the engine side for whatever reason. I just replaced all of the fuel lines just to be safe, with no change. I am afraid to say that i may need to send this one to the dealer, because I am running out of time to be messing with it.

ovrszd

Yeah, I understand. Sad part is they'll charge to do all the things you've already done in their search.....

Whatever happens, stay with us and post the findings. I'm very interested to know what's going on!!! Sorry we haven't been able to stumble on to the answer for you.

dairybota

Ya I was hoping to avoid it, but my work is piling up behind it, so it is time to bite the bullet. I will be sure to post the findings and keep everyone updated. I have been reading the forum for some time, I just finally joined for this issue. But I do love the forum and plan on sticking around

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
you can call me MR. Redundant! did you check to see if the cut off solenoid is allowing the rack to open all the way? maybe you can unhook it from the gov control and hold it open then run the bed lift to see if it helps

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Don't recall if we addressed this but did you check for any compression leaks?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
use this http://www.wiedmannbros.com/assets/images/SWAG/RTV1100Install.pdf for descriptive purpose only. it contains some pretty good drawings of the pump and how to mount and dismount it. i wonder of the Fuel Inlet to Pump Base has a screen or stone it it? and after i look at the way the fuel cut off solenoid works i can see how it could limit the fuel rack and cause a severe lack of fuel even if the governor is calling for it. all things point to the fuel rack not opening enough or fuel starving from supply. it seems we have been all through the supply end of things except the possibility of a screen in the Fuel inlet to pump base. after that i would suspect the rack isn't opening fully when the governor calls for more fuel. also i read the first post to state that this was a sudden failure.

Dairybota,
I had the same power issue and it was a return line on the transmission...there is a service bulletin on this...the return lines break down inside and will not let the fluid flow.

Jon

dairybota

thanks for being patient everyone. I just got the Kubota back and it turns out that something was wrong with the injector pump. the mechanic didn't say what it was but they put a new one on and it is running great again. On a different note we just bought another brand new one and I am much happier with the new one than I am with the old. It is so nice! Great digital gauges and drives beautifully, I can swear the new one has more power

ovrszd

Glad they got it running. Also glad it was something that you couldn't have repaired anyway. Would have been a lot worse if they had said "Oh it was just this little widget that was loose" or something silly like that. :)